View Single Post
Old 17-07-2023, 10:36 AM
Bronze Member

I purchased something from the USA once - a simple electronic component, which the vendor made out was something specific that I couldn't find in the UK. When it arrived not only did it turn out to be something I could have easily sourced here but it was also about 4x more expensive.

US vendors don't appear to have the same high standards of product descriptions as we have here (I'm probably not allowed to use the L word but the facts had definitely been given a VERY vigorous massage); they also have different rules regarding dolls so if you're not EXTREMELY careful you could find yourself paying well over the odds and with a pile of extra additional charges and legal liabilities that you could well do without, and while giving up all the consumer protection you have with local transactions.

What exactly are you intending to buy from where? If your link gets removed, DM it to me.

Edit: Assuming (based on what forum we're in) it's a RealDoll, those are now available from Cloud Climax, and if the USA prices are substantially lower than theirs, that's because the USA price doesn't include import duties and VAT.