View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1984 View Post
Now that I am paranoid of customs possibly wanting proof of purchase I have decided that it best be declared at the exact price I paid for it. I wouldn't mind saving a few quid on duty but when I think about the potential consequences I dont think its worth it.

Here's what I requested the seller to do;

I have listened to some more advice regarding undervaluing the contents and the consequences of such. I don't want to undervalue it anymore. Please could you put on the paperwork exactly what I paid for it so that if I am asked to provide evidence of payment then I can.

I want Mattie's journey to be as hassle free as possible.

I also heard that it is a good idea to have a little cardboard inspection hatch on the side of the crate where they can look in to see part of the mannequin if they want to confirm the contents. Would this be possible for you to do as I would hate for them to have to open it up completely and who knows what questions they might want to ask.

Thanks
Given what you've said above you should be fine David.

I would not advocate an inspection hatch in the realdoll crates though. They are very substantial crates, much bigger than the Eastern manufacturers use. The dolls are fastened inside by their neckbolt and various padded areas.

This is a pic from one of Gibbmodoll's albums of a RealDoll in her crate.

and another (most of the foam padding has been removed from these boxes).

These are sturdy wooden boxes with considerable foam padding around the doll. Even with a lighter RealDoll they will be a two man lift.

If your seller packs the doll as he received her and clearly marks the box 'fragile' and 'this end up' you should be fine. Even if customs do open the box she should be well secured in her foam padding. You really don't want someone feeling around blindly in a box containing a silicone doll, finger nails can easily cause rips and tears.

I have had the pleasure of seeing these dolls, and the third, in their crates close up, they were spectacular.

I'm sure everything will be fine, there are a lot of folks here wishing you well on this and looking forward to seeing your doll's home coming photographs.

CT