Thread: Storage
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Mostly silicone/tpe ladies are hung, usually from a point behind the neck, this avoids any possible compression damage which can become permanent, being rather heavy, even padded or foam lined containers can leave marks.
Also there is a "relaxed" position that the factory recommends to reduce stresses on the skin during extended periods of inactivity.
These things are important to consider, more so for some dolls than others, eg smaller lighter dolls are less prone to pressure related problems, and silicone is primarily more resistant to this and other types of potential damage, though a tpe doll from a good manufacturer will be quite durable.
Think about how often you will be accessing the storage area, even the lighter dolls can be awkward to maneuver and repetitive lifting can cause serious back injuries.
Even after a long photo session with my TB's, my back is adamant in it's warning me to quit for the day, it's the weight on the extended arm, increasing leverage ratios to the spine, I can saw, split and load a couple tonne of wood and be affected less.
So, I guess having a room or shed dedicated to them is a far better option, if you cannot have them around the house.

Pete.