View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PinkLady
Lightbulb Ulyana's Shipping Crate.....

Just thought some dolly owners may be interested in what I have done with Ulyana's crate.

Black Bear supplies such a well made and sturdy crate for shipping it would seem a great shame not to use it more effectively. After a bit of thought I decided to turn it up on end and use it as a cupboard in one of the rooms.

I fitted a 27" 6 panelled door which fitted perfectly and matched all the doors in the house and the whole thing has now been integrated as part of the rooms features. I fitted a smaller box above the crate which can be used to store her personal items etc.. The lid has been screwed onto the back (or bottom) of the crate just in case I ever needed to move her in the future.

I have used a velvet upholstery material over 1/2" foam to give it a nice plush look and feel to the inside and also to give protection when moving her in and out, finishing off with silver domed nails to give it that padded look. A normal door lock and key was fitted and now anyone who roams the house would not suspect that Ulyana was in there waiting and if anyone did ask what the cupboard was used for I could say for keeping personal papers in.

I would also be most interested to hear how other doll owners store and protect their dollies from prying eyes, knocks and small accidents that might happen when generally moving them around.
PinkLady......