View Single Post
Old 14-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
I don't think it would break, when you see other older doll manufacturers ideas of suspending a doll with a 2x M6 bolts spot welded to each end of a thin piece of flat metal and they will hold a doll up for months, I am sure that will be alright. TBH several of my TPE and Silicone dolls have the M8 connector in their backs, the IT RLD I have on order I made sure that had one too, unfortunately my four stands take up half my house the legs project out 2ft, they are a early morning toe stubbing nightmare, KK's stand is very compact.
Hi Tommo,

its that its at an angle and putting pressure on a specific point. If the girls feet remain on the floor it would be fine but if lifted the tensile strength of the bracket itself looks fine but look at the point that would take the multiplied pressure of it being at an angle.

I'm expecting FR to read how I see it and have an "Ah bless, it's so sweet when they try" moment but I do think that he should take a look.

As I say in my posts. I think that the stand loooks really sturdy and good quality. Its just that M16 connector that I believe doesn't look right.

When FR tells me that I'm talking bollocks I'll happily say that I'm wrong but at the moment the weight that will be holding at an angle seems too much for that bolt.

I'm honestly thinking that it needs something similar to the bolt width that you get in railway sleepers to be able to hod that weight at that angle.

As I say, sure that FR will be along in a bit to tell me that I'm talking bollocks (it has been known ).

Shamus.