View Single Post
Old 20-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Here's Part 2.

First, I put his eyes back in so he can see what I'm doing and choose the colours he wants

This is the makeup I have for my dolls. A large pallet and a smaller one of powder eyeshadows and a powder blusher set.

Sasha likes makeup. Think 90s glam rock - Motley Crue and the like. First, eyeliner. This is applied with a fine brush dipped in baby oil, using black eyeshadow powder for the colour.

Eyeshadow next. We're going for purple with a bit of a sparkle. Again, eyeshadow powder applied with an oily brush - a thicker brush to cover the eyelids. Remember, if you smudge it or decide you don't like it and want to start again, it comes off easily with a cotton bud dipped in oil.

Both eyes done.

Lips next. I'm mixing a pink blush and a beige one, again with the thicker brush dipped in oil. I have to work carefully around his lip ring because it's a real piercing and you can get colour leaching around the hole if you're not careful.

Done!

Last job is his eyebrows. The really fine brush again, a dip in the oil, and a medium brown eyeshadow powder. Then draw them on so they look hairy. It takes some practise, but I did both Sihtric's and Rachel's brows over Christmas and am pretty pleased with them all.

I even managed to get both brows quite even, without a stencil! My trick, work on the right hand one first (or the left if you're left-handed). Then turn the head upside down and work on the other from the opposite direction. It works for me. I just have the doll's head resting on a towel on my lap.

Wig back on, and he's ready for a photoshoot I plan to do over the weekend, which will be his last one before he gets his new body in a couple of months

Last edited by Lulu1971; 20-01-2023 at 05:45 PM.