View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
The onsite albums allow for 1024x800 pixels...
No, that's incorrect. From the album page:

800x800 is the largest image size allowed, you cannot go above 800px in either dimension.

The upload process will, however, automatically resize your images when you upload them, although it warns that you might be better off doing it manually. I haven't noticed any artefacts or anything else wrong with any images I have uploaded that have been auto resized so I'd argue letting the upload resize your images is fine, although mine haven't been much bigger and maybe the auto resizing is worse with higher resolution starting images.

As an example of file sizes, here's an example image converted into .jpg .png and .bmp (same image, just saved out as different file types):

You can see in the columns on the right the file types and their respective sizes. If I was a gambler I'd put money on it that you are having issues because of the file type of the image. Reducing a .bmp to 800px still leaves you with a file of at least 2mb, while my example .jpg is 208kb. The size limit is 250kb so the only real option is .jpg

Assuming you have Windows then resizing an image and saving it out as different file types is super easy in Paint.