View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondoon View Post
Hello everyone but mainly admin/techies

I have noticed that some posts contain photographs which are visible publicly (without logging in).

My guess is that these pictures have an external URL.

Is it possible to make pictures public which originate in a UKLDF album, the album only being visible by members and not public.
The pictures in albums not being viewable unless logged-in is a deliberate action and, at least for the moment, will remain so.

This forum gets thousands of visits daily, if every 'guest' visitor could view the images this would increase our bandwidth use exponentially.
Image hosting here is provided to allow members to build and easily display their photos and albums on this site, not to host them for display elsewhere. Last year we had to complete a long and laborious hunt through all albums on the site in order to remove some inappropriate images that were being hosted here but viewed through another site.

There are other options for images that you want to display elsewhere, either host them on one of the other doll sites that allows this service or through a pic hosting service (beware the T&Cs with regard to 'adult' images though), my personal preference is my own webspace where I can upload and link any images I wish to use on other sites or which are too large for hosting here.

CT