View Single Post
Old 29-11-2023, 02:30 AM
Bronze Member

Saving Saffee
Part 8

“Is everyone okay?” asked Evey. Everyone replied affirmatively. “What is that?” she asked, pointing to Bastet. “It doesn’t matter. If it’s a minion of the drow, slay it.”

Glissa glanced at Bastet. “Evey… I can’t do that. That’s not who we are! She’s defenseless. I won’t slay a defenseless creature like that. It’s not honorable. It’s not right.”

Evey let out a sigh and hung her head. “I’m sorry, you’re right. This isn’t me. I’m getting emotional about all this. Let’s… Restrain her. We’ll tie her up so she can’t follow us if she comes to. Um, grab that shoe. We’ll use the laces. Quick. We want to be gone before anything else comes.”

Glissa nodded and got to her feet before she went to get the shoe. “It’s okay, I get it. We’re all alive.”

“Evey, help Aneka,” ordered Saffee as she leaned against the wall.

“Of course Saffee, but how do you feel? Did the drow hurt you?” enquired Evey as she moved to help the entangled Aneka.

“I’ll be okay, just a little dizzy, I think. The drow just held me captive. I’ve been trapped in that web ever since the drow’s minions caught me. I’m feeling a little weak, a little light-headed. Hungry. Cold… My clothes!” she suddenly noticed.

Aneka snorted a laugh. “You just noticed that?”

Follow us on Twitter!

Say hi in her main thread Here.