View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Default Tutorial: eyebrow refresh.

I've been meaning to do this, for a while now, but just needed to wait until Vicky was ready for new eyebrows.

I work with her head on a towel, resting face-up, held between my thighs; doing this allows me to move and turn the head as I need and helps keep my hand steady.

Tools you will need;
Eyeshadow
Applicator sponges
Small flat brush
Stencil
Acrylic paint
Cotton buds
Baby oil
Kitchen roll

Colours:

I will be creating brown eyebrows so, I'm using a medium brown eyeshadow for the 'base' and a darker brown acrylic paint (burnt umber) for the 'hair.' I try to keep the shades close. For black, I would use a medium smokey grey eyeshadow for the base then a black or dark grey acrylic for the hair.

Prep:
I prepare the area by wiping with baby oil and cotton buds but, if there is still some previous brow left, I will be careful not to completely remove it. Once oil cleaned, I pat dry the area with a little kitchen towel.

Laying the base:

Holding the stencil in place with a finger and thumb of one hand, I load the applicator sponge with eyeshadow with the other. Then, starting at the narrow end of the stencil, I make short strokes and fade my way to the wider end. Then I make a single pass from the narrow end, to smooth out. I only load the sponge with eyeshadow once.