View Single Post
Old 28-10-2023, 11:37 PM
Bronze Member

The Road Trip
Part 7

The next morning we were back on the road early, long before the sun had crested the surrounding mountains. We entered into a wide valley with large flat spaces where the mountains would still rise up beside us, but a deep canyon still dominated the center. We weren’t the only ones up early.

“Oh! Look! Big-horned sheep!” I said, pointing out at them as I brought the car to a stop beside them.

“Those horns. Are they demonic?” Arachne asked casually.

I snorted a laugh. “What? No! They’re just sheep! There are no demons on this planet. The horns are pretty cool, though.”

Arachne gave me a glance as I accelerated away down the road. “Yeah. Okay.”

“What? What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

I was pretty sure that I should worry about it, but I was also pretty sure that I didn’t want to know. Ignorance was bliss, right?

As we approached the town of Lillooet I noticed something else that might interest Arachne on the side of the road. “Hey, check that out! That’s a field of grape vines. Somewhere like this is where your wine comes from.”

“What’s a grape? Where are the fungus fields?”

“No, no. Here we make wine from grapes. It’s little round fruits. They get mushed up and fermented.”

“Hmph. No wonder human wine isn’t as good. You’ll advance as a culture once you discover green wine.”

We didn’t have to go too far up the road before I treated Arachne to watching a helicopter take off. We hadn’t even gotten to the good part of the morning yet!

OOC: Thanks for the comments, guys!

Follow us on Twitter!

Say hi in her main thread Here.