View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esjayell View Post
[SIZE="5"]
I am currently thinking along the lines of a plastic tube (think a round washing-up liquid bottle) placed over her hand/arm (almost up to the elbow) then put into the sleeve. The sleeve is pushed up the tube, then removed exposing the hand/arm with the sleeve part way up her arm.
This works very well with short-sleeved clothing. But I've found with long sleeves, the tube gets stuck. With the sleeve squeezing/pressing the tube against her skin; which is grippy regardless of the amount of powder, anyway, making it difficult to slide out. Made worse when the tube is behind the hand, so if you try it, use a tube that's long enough to reach her elbow and cover her hand. But even then, care should be taken: I broke one of my ladies finger wires removing the tube.
I don't use the tube, these days. For short sleeves, I gape the cuff with both hands then carefully move it over her hands. For long sleeves, I use those freezer bags with the zip lock, they're thicker and more suited for this. I put a bag on her hand, zip it, then fold the excess. Sleeves and cuffs slide over very easy. Then it's just a matter of moving the sleeve up her arm a little, ready for making other adjustments elsewhere, before adjusting the sleeve down.
eco