View Single Post
Old 20-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Gold Member

I just made a test album (and in the process realised albums are a thing and I should start making those instead of attaching files to posts, but anyway...).

I used the last couple of pics I posted in J&M's thread, both resized down to 1000xsomething in photoshop and saved out as jpegs (.jpg). The upload process seems to do a good job of resizing the pics down to 800px. The pics I used started out at 305kb and 207kb for 1000px images. I was thought there may be be a problem with the 305kb image, but I guess once it was auto reduced to 800px it was within the 250kb allowance.

My best guess with why you might be having issues is due to the file size, and the file size is likely due to image format - I imagine you are using something large like .bmp when you should be using .jpg

Easiest way to convert to .jpg on pc is using Paint, although in other editing software (there are decent free ones like Paint.net or Gimp) you can adjust the quality of the jpg to reduce file size further. That's unnecessary though - I'd be amazed if any normal photo when reduced to an 800px .jpg could come out at more than 250kb.

Last edited by Willus; 21-09-2021 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Reformatting, the post structure was annoying and hard to read.