UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Sinthetics. (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Silver Member

Default Dollies in the UK(Sinthetics)

Hi Guys,

My ultimate goal is to own my very own Sinthetics doll (alicia). My question is has any one taken order of one of these beauties in the UK and if so could you tell me or pm what the total cost (or thereabouts)deliveried to your door. Like i keep say would love to own one but just looking for a ball part figure I need to save up too(dont want to be short).

Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I don't think there'll be that many, if any, of them been deliverd to anyone who posts on here scottishlad, which basically means you'll get no first hand reply. From a very quick look about, this is the address you want,sales@sinthetics.com, so you get it form the horses mouth so to speak.

I've linked a thread that seems to have all the necessary info you should need. http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=1657

darkangel doesn't seem to have posted since the last post on the thread, I've linked, so I don't know if he got his doll or not?

Good luck.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for that Jayjay, will have a good read through it!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Ex Member

You can get a rough idea as follows:

Convert the price in USD to GBP (British pounds) using one of the currency conversion web sites. Don't forget to include the manufacturer's overseas shipping cost.

Add 20 percent VAT payable on all imports -- even from countries that don't have VAT like the USA!

Add customs duty (I forget the rate, but it is not very much) and, if you use an import agent such as SEKO UK, the fees they charge.

If you want it delivered to your door, add that cost too. (SEKO's charge for that is very reasonable in my experience.)

It all adds up...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

THanks for that Everhard gives me a better understanding of what costs are involved, now to go find the calculator
Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Manufacturer

We have delivered to the UK but I don't believe any of the UK owners post on any forums, which is a bit sad. My understanding is that the import taxes work out to somewhere between 21% and 25% of the commercial invoice amount. Shoot us an email at Sales@Sinthetics.com and we'll talk about the process more.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I don't think there'll be that many, if any, of them been deliverd to anyone who posts on here scottishlad, which basically means you'll get no first hand reply...

I have a deposit on a Sinth and post here !

When she arrives, she will be here !

Just an FYI, I was lucky enough to debut the B2D to the World when we held DollLApalooza in Los Angeles this past July.

They are an amazing Doll !
Old 13-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Good stuff camp. I think you're in the USA, but never the less it may still help scottishlad, if he still needs any help when he comes to make his order.

Great to hear you've got an order in the process, really looking forward to sseing your pics when she arrives. I'm all curious now, which combination did you go for? I hope she's as much fun as Dottie is for you.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Good stuff camp. I think you're in the USA, but never the less it may still help scottishlad, if he still needs any help when he comes to make his order.
Great to hear you've got an order in the process, really looking forward to sseing your pics when she arrives. I'm all curious now, which combination did you go for? I hope she's as much fun as Dottie is for you.
Yes I am in the USA. While that may not help with the shipping aspects of getting a Sinth, I hope I can be a useful resource.

I have been active on these forums for almost 8 years, and this will be my 6th Silicone Doll.

My current order is for a B2D (possibly E) with a Tawny head, and probably several others.

Dottie has been the most wonderful doll in the World, However she is almost 6 years old and made from tin-cure silicone, and sadly she requires a lot of repair work on a constant basis.

I'm hoping my Sinth has the same work ethic as Dottie, and amuses and entertains everyone for years to come.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Thanks for the info Camp. That's a great combination, especially with the extra heads. Looking forward to seeing as much of her as we do Dottie.