UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-07-2023, 03:28 PM
Vendor

Default who designs the heads

Hi,
Have you noticed that most of the dolls manufactured in China share a common feature? The areola appears to be relatively small."

.... Who do you think designs the heads for the dolls in China?

Old 30-07-2023, 03:40 PM
Banned

Hi,

I'm confused. What has the Areola got to do with the head?

You also get a choice as to the size of areola that you want on your girl. I generally go for around 3cm but they are generally offered in three or more sizes from 2-5 cm.

As for who designs the heads, there are many designers with some of the true great heads and my own personal favourites being the product of Mandos (all hallowed be his name).

Things are a lot easier of course nowadays where heads re designed in 3d on a computer rather than the old lump of clay mould creation. Thats why you see the same lips/nose/eyes sed on different heads.

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 30-07-2023, 03:50 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Hi,

I'm confused. What has the Areola got to do with the head?

You also get a choice as to the size of areola that you want on your girl. I generally go for around 3cm but they are generally offered in three or more sizes from 2-5 cm.

As for who designs the heads, there are many designers with some of the true great heads and my own personal favourites being the product of Mandos (all hallowed be his name).

Things are a lot easier of course nowadays where heads re designed in 3d on a computer rather than the old lump of clay mould creation. Thats why you see the same lips/nose/eyes sed on different heads.

HTH,

Shamus.
Thank you very much, I thought Mandos just did the photography...

Do you personally know anyone who would draw/sketch heads for manufactures in china?

Old 30-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
Thank you very much, I thought Mandos just did the photography...

Do you personally know anyone who would draw/sketch heads for manufactures in china?

Hi,

oh, Mandos is much more than just a photographer. Some of the greatest bodies such as the 166C and heads such as #266, #273, #398, #399 and #400 come from his imagination.

In many ways I regard him as the doll industry as we know it today although, there are many others that you may think of only as photographers who also have their own heads.

There is also Adam as Lovedolls.com who has his own line in heads (I've only got one of his, Sienna) and at least one body (the 163E) that are made by Jinsan. Then again, his office is in the Jinsan factory (as you no doubt know) so I would assume that he would be your best contact if you wanted to have a quality head designed.

In addition to that of course you could also photograph from multiple directions and get the head made by Jinsan. They used to charge £900 but I think that the price may have increased... Hang on a sec... yep, £1,750 now but no doubt you could get it cheaper.

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 30-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Banned

I could be wrong but I think that Ranger designed a head.... Or maybe it was Arthur? As I say, you are better asking Tommo that one as he's got a lot more cross forum knowledge as to whose done what for who.
Old 30-07-2023, 04:45 PM
Vendor

Quote:

I could be wrong but I think that Ranger designed a head.... Or maybe it was Arthur? As I say, you are better asking Tommo that one as he's got a lot more cross forum knowledge as to whose done what for who.
I actually raised the issue of the makeup from the manufacturer,,, and I got some of them quite upset....

upset in a way they take their work extremely seriously and when they see other manufacturers cutting corners...

Extreme Doll and YouQ are doing videos for this forum.

Old 30-07-2023, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
I actually raised the issue of the makeup from the manufacturer,,, and I got some of them quite upset....

upset in a way they take their work extremely seriously and when they see other manufacturers cutting corners...

Extreme Doll and YouQ are doing videos for this forum.

I assume that you restricted that to only manufacturers that you stock. As said before in my experience the only quality manufacturer who seems to use quick application techniques is 6YE. If you approached others about that such as Jinsan or Elsa babe then they would get upset as they employ some excellent artists.

All of my Jinsan heads purchased directly have been well made up on arrival with a couple having the next level makeup (and I didn't ask for it or pay extra for it).
Old 30-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Vendor

Quote:
I assume that you restricted that to only manufacturers that you stock. As said before in my experience the only quality manufacturer who seems to use quick application techniques is 6YE. If you approached others about that such as Jinsan or Elsa babe then they would get upset as they employ some excellent artists.

All of my Jinsan heads purchased directly have been well made up on arrival with a couple having the next level makeup (and I didn't ask for it or pay extra for it).
Actually, to delve into technical terms, the construction of Silicone Heads largely depends on the number of layers used.

The female owner of 6YE was actually trained by Jinsan.

As the economy is taking a hit, suppliers are poaching each other's makeup artists, and now they are moving towards standardization.

When I visited the suppliers, I explained to them what they were doing wrong and how they could fix it. I will never get credit for it, and others will benefit, but that's just the nature of business. I am certain that I am also reaping the benefits of others' efforts.

Old 30-07-2023, 05:31 PM
Site Owner

Quote:
I believe Arthur was involved in the design with Mandos and WM of the WM #394 head, that might be what you are thinking about.
Old 30-07-2023, 06:04 PM
Vendor

...interesting

So I am taking notes

1) 3cm-4cm Areola
2) Members are looking for extra features like freckles to make the head more realistic...

Anything else is required?