UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Bronze Member

Default An observation

Strange how posts about the mainstream American dolls have dwindled on the forum. There used to be plenty of posts on Realdolls, Rubys, Boy Toys, Private Island Beauties and so on. This also applies to 4 Woods and Anatomical Dolls as well.

Nowadays it is the Chinese dolls that figure predominately. From a fairly shaky start they have become the doll of choice and there are some real beauties amongst them. I guess this is down to price and ease of aquisition. It's also a very good thing that they can be bought through UK sellers.

Actually, maybe it's not so strange that they have taken over!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Golden Diamond Member

No, not that strange at all. When you consider the cost and easy of purchase compared to dealing with a US company and having to deal with import and taxes etc

For the price of a RealDoll you can have 3 or 4 TPE ladies from China and, to be fair, the realism isnt all that far behind these days and the usability is even greater considering how flexible they can be.

Personally im a little dismayed at the landslide shift towards wasp waisted girls with massive tits and bums, but I'll never stand against variety of choice. It would just be nice to see then develop some regular shaped girls, not just all these extreme fantasy figures

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 13-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

At one time the only dolls that were any good were Abyss, 4Woods, Sinths, PIBs and Anatomical along with a few small western makers. The rest were not exported regularly from Japan or you had crap from China.

The Chinese have caught up on quality and from what I've seen makers like DS now easily match the western ones for a fraction of the price, that and the influx of cheaper TPE dolls some of which are beautiful despite their drawbacks have been the demise of the American dolls on our UK site.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 13-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
....................Personally im a little dismayed at the landslide shift towards wasp waisted girls with massive tits and bums, but I'll never stand against variety of choice. It would just be nice to see then develop some regular shaped girls, not just all these extreme fantasy figures.......
I think, as Harleyhahn's daily posts indicate, that there is a definite movement towards more realistic 'modern western' shaped females. The range of body shapes shown in that thread is impressive and constantly growing (pun not intended). Also the range of well cast western faces is also developing at a pace that has never happened before. This is encouraging, the only downside is that the majority of these girls are cast in solid TPE and as a result doll weights are creeping up, sometimes dramatically.

CT

Old 13-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Personally im a little dismayed at the landslide shift towards wasp waisted girls with massive tits and bums, but I'll never stand against variety of choice. It would just be nice to see then develop some regular shaped girls, not just all these extreme fantasy figures
Likewise. To me the perfect body for my tastes were the Sinth 1b

excuse me for a while whist I peruse more of her..........

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 13-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed Wulfie its a shame about Sinthetics crap delivery record, though.
Old 13-09-2018, 05:48 PM

Hopefully I received Anya before the explosion of delays... I waited only... 11 months.

Little girls play with dolls, Little boys play with soldiers
Older girls love soldiers, older boys love dolls