UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 14-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Diamond Member

Dear Matt

Thanks so much.

Responses like yours if I can read such experiences will present first hand much more powerfully the wonders that dolls have to offer, than anything that I can say.

So I hope that others might possibly chip in their experiences, and even people who've responded above but haven't conveyed their thoughts. Being able to relate first hand accounts, not of what I think and my slant upon perceiving what I find generally, but of people being able to express the case for dolls themselves in their own way will be really deep-thought provoking even among people who might come with preconceptions and prejudices.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 14-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
Dear Matt

Thanks so much.

Responses like yours if I can read such experiences will present first hand much more powerfully the wonders that dolls have to offer, than anything that I can say.

So I hope that others might possibly chip in their experiences, and even people who've responded above but haven't conveyed their thoughts. Being able to relate first hand accounts, not of what I think and my slant upon perceiving what I find generally, but of people being able to express the case for dolls themselves in their own way will be really deep-thought provoking even among people who might come with preconceptions and prejudices.

Best wishes

Harem
I really like the initiative you take on lecturing people about these dolls and what they can mean towards someone, but me being a dutchy myself and your crowd will most likely consist out of more dutchies than anything else I feel like the people who are already prejudiced will remain so, nevertheless I've already shared my story how I got into dolls and why but I'll briefly summarize. You can use my forum name if you want to refer to people with their story, as well as mention that I'm from The Netherlands myself.

So I've had a bad relationship a long time ago, which was followed by all sorts of bad news, chronic ear inflammation, underwent surgery like 15 times with 5 of them being major surgeries to remove the balancing organ, lots of tissue.. stopped my nursery course because of the bad relationship, gained weight and got Diabetes. But after a while I decided I was done not doing anything and caring about it any more and started working out again, lost a lot of weight, no longer having to take medicine for Diabetes and high blood pressure.. and I got the confidence again to take up dating, but not a lot of opportunity arrived, so I decided to check online dating, when that didn't bore any fruit I decided to buy a doll, a small one first to see if the material was to my liking. It was and that kind of laid the foundation to getting a larger doll, they are pretty heavy and at first it took a while to get used to, but the more I work out the better I seem to be able to carry her around. Believe it or not, well you folks on the forum probably will the dolls I bought were initially not bought for anything else than hugging and having someone next to me in bed while sleeping. Now they mean a lot to me, it's like Matt said earlier, it fills a hole in your life that was nothing but void, and I'm glad things like this exist, unfortunately they're rather expensive but well worth it.

So yeah what I meant to say is that they're so much more than an alternative to sex, they're company, welcome company.
Old 14-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

I agree with Phil's observation. A trick I often use is; instead of rewording it, simply delete the bit in question and see if it still makes sense. In this case, I think it does.

Original:
Quote:
...people who variously think of dolls on the spectrum at one end as functional objects for the relief of sexual frustrations, and who have not developed beyond that, to others who might have started in that mind but found that the realism of the doll took over...
My suggested version:
Quote:
...people who variously think of dolls on the spectrum at one end as functional objects for the relief of sexual frustrations, to others who might have started in that mind but found that the realism of the doll took over...
Incidentally, I believe I fall into that category.

From psion's interview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psion satori
I’d seriously question that there is a ‘philosophical discourse’ around dolls in the mainstream media!

Last edited by Everhard; 14-09-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Added last bit
Old 15-09-2018, 01:28 AM
Diamond Member

Please more personal experiences really would be great. It would be nice for it not to be speaking with any of my own opinions but actually to be voicing the experiences and opinions of others.

And I wonder if there's any way through YouTube of live streaming between Amsterdam and the UK meet so that the Amsterdam audience might meet a meeting of dolls? And the UK members might see the reactions of the Amsterdam audience?

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 15-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Gold Excellence Member

i got my teddy babe carly because i have a bad back and need to spend most of the day laying down and get lonely. a dog or cat would be too expensive what with vet bills and food plus walking a dog is out of the question with my back. carly sits on the bed next to me in her pajamas keeping me company and she sleeps next to me every night, in the four years she has been with me i have never used her for sex she a companion only.

carlys_guy
Old 15-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Gold Member

Sorry Harem, when this first appeared I was having 502 errors with the site and I never came back to it. appologies.

My view is that everyone's reasoning is different and nobody's reasoning is wrong.

Many years ago I was reading something in a Newspaper. I believe that it was the Metro on a journey to a business meeting in London. There was an article which was interviewing a modern day witch as to why she had chosen her lifestyle that she needed to keep secret from larger society to which her reaction was that it "felt like coming home".

Those who love (and I do not use that word lightly) dolls seem often to be treated as latter day witches by a puritan society that feels empowered to judge others but who are oblivious to their own failings and hypocrisies.

My personal journey to epiphany is not as dramatic as those who the media always choose for their exposes on the people behind the dolls. I am not a loner or socially awkward, I have no issue with the opposite sex or attraction to my own. I do have several no fault divorces although I am still good friends with all of my ex's.

I can lie to myself and tell myself that in raising a child from 18 months old on my own a doll was a surrogate for the emotional turmoil that a succession of women would have brought into his life. But the reality is that for the first time I found true happiness embraced in TPE arms rather than human ones.

Like Tom Hanks in the film Splash, love doesn't always follow a conformist route. I have a healthy love life with both River and Kate but Sex dolls... I don't think so.
Old 26-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Diamond Member

Default Amsterdam Lecture now online

The lecture went well and I hope people enjoy it.

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Old 26-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Bronze Member

Thankyou Harem
Matt
Old 26-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Well done Harem, You are a true Ambassador to the doll world and i thank you..

Samurai..
Old 26-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Gold Member

Nice one Harem. I said 30 mins wasn't enough and I was right.