UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > DS Doll Sweet.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Default DS-Evo 167 2018 Review - Part 1

A Review of the Latest 2018 Doll Sweet, Studio Painted DS-Evo 167 Doll.

Part 1. Order and Delivery

The latest addition to the Girls here at the Tower arrived in mid July, what follows is my review of the doll in a purely factual format, I'll sort out her/their arrival story when I'm better able to generate all the images I'll need.

I'll cover the Order and Delivery process and will review the doll, her heads and accessories individually, I'll go into particular detail on the heads in a later review.

The Order Process
I normally order a new doll or accessory directly from the manufacturer when I can, I have ordered dolls and their parts from the USA, from Europe and from China with good results although the wait has sometimes been considerable. For this doll however I had some very specific requirements, was probably going to be ordering from a manufacturer with whom I had not previously dealt and was concerned that this could lead to confusion and result in the doll that arrived not being quite what I had imagined when ordering. I also didn't want to wait too long to receive the doll.

This doll is to be an exotic glamour photo model first and foremost, so I had decided that I wanted a top-of-the-range silicone doll of realistic size and appearance, fully poseable, with a range of accessories that would allow me to change her appearance to suit the needs of the images or persona I wanted to create. An available range of additional heads was also a requirement. The doll's weight had to be within manageable limits for moving and posing without fear of injuring myself or damaging the doll.

After much deliberation and having greatly enjoyed the many pictures posted here and on the other doll forums and sites I decided that the best doll for me would be the latest DS 167 Evo. She ticked all the boxes for realism, weight, realistic size and available accessories. The latest reports of the improved skeleton, better silicone skin finish, realistic vagina and the more detailed body moulding were factors which greatly influenced my final choice.

As DS dolls have a UK agency in Paul Lumb of Cloud Climax and as I had heard only good things about Paul from those who had met him and had dealings with his company, I decided to initially contact him and explain what I was looking for. This turned out to be a very good decision as he was quick to reply to my enquiries and understood straight away what I was looking for. He provided a competitive quote for the doll and the additional elements I required, had a direct route to the manufacturer, got quick responses to additional questions and could take care of all import, taxation and delivery issues. The deal was finalised and order placed on the 15th of June. A 2018 DS-Evo 167 with Sharon and Leaf heads, all painted with S-class make-up. Suitable Wigs. Two different hanging devices, the full colour range of DS eyes and some other bits and pieces.
The dreaded 'New Doll Wait' had begun once more.

Delivery
While I waited, Paul sent me periodic updates and once the doll had been moulded and prepared sent me a range of factory produced photographs. These were very useful to confirm that everything was indeed as ordered, many manufacturers now do this and it is a welcome addition to the process. DS sent plenty of good quality images covering all aspects of the newly moulded and painted doll's body and the two “waxwork level colour painted” heads. These images have been resized and are used, with permission, throughout this review.

Leaf Studio Head

Sharon Studio Head

DS 167 Evo Body

Factory Shot, Lots of lovelies

Once the doll arrived at Cloud Climax's premises Paul checked her over, included the accessories and other elements I had requested and took additional photographs and videos which he sent to me prior to arranging a suitable delivery date for the doll.
I salivated and waited.

Cloud Climax Body Shots

The doll was delivered on time on the 17th July by DPD. She arrived in the standard DS cardboard carton although Cloud Climax had re-sealed the carton, added plenty of 'Fragile' tape all round the box and had wrapped and sealed the whole package in a cling-film type wrapping.
There were a few dents and a couple of cuts in the box and wrapping, there was also a bulge at one end of the box which caused me some initial worry as I'd once experienced a totally broken neck on a TPE doll through similar delivery issues. I believe that, in both cases, at some point the box had been stood on its end and had put the doll's weight on the shoulders and neck joint, thus the full weight of the box's contents were concentrated on one small point of the packaging. The additional outer wrapping applied by Cloud Climax was particularly effective here as it helped strengthen the box and prevented the bulge becoming worse.

I opened the box carefully but with some trepidation as I expected to find damage to the doll's neck area. I found that the neck was bent at 90degrees but otherwise felt okay. Once I had straightened the neck everything checked out fine and I thereafter went on to unbox the doll, her heads and accessories. The DS box is a good quality cardboard item, lined in foam sheets. Comfortably wrapped within this, in her DS sleeping bag, the doll had further protection round her hands and feet. Both heads were well wrapped independently, all additional items were packed and wrapped to prevent them being able to cause any damage within the box. I removed this further protection and lifted the doll, still in her sleeping bag, from the box. She was hefty but manageable, definitely lighter than a TPE doll of similar dimensions.
Fully unzipping the blue sleeping bag, she lay before me, I visually checked her all over, I took my time and was most thorough. Everything was good, she had made her long journey undamaged.

I contacted Cloud Climax to say that the doll had arrived OK, thanked Paul for getting her to me and told him of the condition of the box and the neck. He thanked me for the feedback and explained that both they and DS dolls deliberately bend the neck when packaging the dolls as that is a more protective position than having the metal neck-to-head connection being able to puncture the box or transmit any damage directly through to the doll's frame. This was a fair explanation as that is exactly what had happened to the TPE doll which had previously arrived damaged.

I was very impressed with the service provided by Cloud Climax, would happily use them again and would heartily recommend them to anyone who is looking for a new doll.
Of particular note was the continuing communication even after delivery and the fact that Paul had taken steps to further improve the delivery method and provide a better chance of future dolls arriving in perfect condition as a result of feedback from his customers.

First Impressions of the doll
I have to say that I was very impressed with the feel of the silicone, I jump ahead of myself here but the softness and natural finish of the silicone skin was a pleasure to touch, ...and so I did, ...a lot. Everywhere felt natural and provided just the right amount of pressure and feedback when gently prodded or softly squeezed. Her breasts and bottom particularly so. But more about that later.
The make-up on the two heads was equally impressive, the eyebrows in particular were finely painted and had a definite 'Wow' factor.
Overall my first impression of my new doll was extremely positive.

Part 2 of the review, including visuals, feel and poseability, will follow over the next couple of days.

CT

Old 07-09-2018, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

Hi CT,

Brilliant part one, that is so well written.
This is exactly the review I was so looking to find earlier last month
I have jumped and read you post on my phone before work, excited at such a review, I will reread it again this evening on laptop so I can read it properly.
You say you have purchased two hanging devices, what are these, tbh I completely forgot although I tend to have my girls siting a week or so then lying for a week and the ones with standing feet, standing for short periods, my TPE girls hang-stand well that's what I call it, hang in the wardrobe but with very little weight on the neck joint, more on the feet.

I found very little information around on the Evo and for me it was more the question I am buying a Ds 167 what was the difference between that and the Evo, it took days of searching out the information and asking people lots questions , I'm sure your reviews will help solve this.
I am looking forward to part 2.

Thanks CT, My wait now feels somewhat a little harder this morning. But hopefully not long now.

Kindest Regards
Tommo
Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks Cyber Ted,looking forward to part 2.
Matt
Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Bronze Member

well well another 167

You will not be disappointed as I can confirm, superb dolls, look forward to further reviews
Old 07-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to CloudClimax

Glad your happy with our service CyberTed a real pleasure to help and assist your order from start to finish.

Thank you
Paul
Old 07-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Hi CT,

Brilliant part one, that is so well written.
This is exactly the review I was so looking to find earlier last month
I have jumped and read you post on my phone before work, excited at such a review, I will reread it again this evening on laptop so I can read it properly.
You say you have purchased two hanging devices, what are these, tbh I completely forgot although I tend to have my girls siting a week or so then lying for a week and the ones with standing feet, standing for short periods, my TPE girls hang-stand well that's what I call it, hang in the wardrobe but with very little weight on the neck joint, more on the feet.

I found very little information around on the Evo and for me it was more the question I am buying a Ds 167 what was the difference between that and the Evo, it took days of searching out the information and asking people lots questions , I'm sure your reviews will help solve this.
I am looking forward to part 2.

Thanks CT, My wait now feels somewhat a little harder this morning. But hopefully not long now.

Kindest Regards
Tommo
Hi CT.

Just read your post for the second time, this time on my laptop, and it's even better than this morning, your Evo looks WOW! WOW! WOW! Fantastic CT.

Regards
Tommo
Old 07-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Now thats what you call a review

Detailed and informative with picture that are stunning and i am sure they will only get better Congratulations CyberTed and welcome to the Ds fan club !

Samurai..
Old 09-09-2018, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Thanks for your comments folks.

Part two will follow shortly.

Thomo there are two types of hanging hook for DS dolls, the following videos are from the DS website:

Oh and Elf warning.

The light kit for hanging and posing, short term use.

and the heavier item which requires the head to be removed but is suitable for long term use.

Cloud Climax can supply both, I didn't need the full stand as I have two Gibbmodoll stands but the lighter through-head hanging device will feature in many future shoots, well actually it won't 'feature' but it will be there.

CT

Old 10-09-2018, 01:11 AM
Diamond Member

As someone who possibly set the ball rolling with enthusiasms for DS ladies it's really great to see them continuing to give pleasures to others and especially among cognoscenti of toy ladies.

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Bronze Member

Congratulations CT, excellent review, i just know you will have something special planned

Tags
167, 167evo, ds doll evo, ds dolls, evo, evolution