UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 13-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Diamond Member

Default Lecture in Amsterdam about Sex Dolls

On Saturday 22nd September I have been invited to an art gallery to come to Amsterdam to talk about Dolls and have the opportunity to present Dolls in a good light.
https://www.facebook.com/events/6664...36826776671317
http://fanfarefanfare.nl/category/on...claude-pierrot

I'm wondering if people who might relate to what I've been asked to speak on might possibly be able to contribute with any personal experiences or examples.

The event launches the Chloé book, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...dp_olp_new_mbc and is rather a good opportunity to put dolls on the wider agenda.

FRIDAY 21.09.2018
18:00 – Opening
19:30 - 20:30 – Book presentations by Jean-Claude & Pierrot
20:00 - 21:30 – Exhibition, book sale & drinks

SATURDAY. 22.09.2018
15:30 - 16:00 – Lecture Haremlover about how sex dolls could be used as a tool for empathetic development and assistance
16:00 - 16:30 – Lecture Egbert Bouwhuis about his filosofy of energy
16:30 - 17:00 – Lecture Xander Karskens about the influence of Art Brut on other art movements
17:30 - 21:30 – Exhibition, dinner & music

SUNDAY 23.09.2018
14:00 - 19:00 – Exhibition & book sale
20:00 - 21:30 – Movie screening: Les Valseuses by Bertrand Blier

I've given a summary of what might be my focus, and would be really appreciative of any thoughts or examples of personal experiences that I might be able to give, anonymously of course.
Quote:
My interaction with other people on the forums about such toy ladies has brought me into contact with a whole group of people who variously think of dolls on the spectrum at one end as functional objects for the relief of sexual frustrations, and who have not developed beyond that, to others who might have started in that mind but found that the realism of the doll took over finding that she came alive as a person, and to others who saw in the doll a reflection of themselves as an alter-ego. I've known two such people who have been troubled in their lives and had attempted suicide and for whom interaction with the doll provided a route to transformation of their perspectives. Other people have found that having a doll in their lives has reduced their hunger, so that now they can know that they have a beautiful abstraction of the opposite sex at home, and so are able to more relate to people of the opposite sex as people, as human beings, rather than as driven by lust. Untempered by a doll, such lust can result in crimes against women and the doll is an amelioration of those problems in society. It's possibly no coincidence that women are treated worst in countries and societies where dolls are verboten.

On another level, the doll is therapy in a more empathetic sphere. Some people have relationship problems because the greatest and hardest barrier to overcome is the barrier of our own skin. Thinking for other people, thinking from other people's points of view and perspectives doesn't perhaps come entirely naturally to all of us. Sadly there are people, such as my Father two whom I gave a doll, who cannot get beyond the doll as merely a dead body. But there are others who see her move and for whom she comes to life. As soon as we breach that barrier, then we are thinking "what does she want to do? What is she thinking?" and it's in that way that the Chloé book developed as a narrative. The doll thus leads to an enlightenment. In order for the doll to do something, it's us who has to move her. In moving her we have to understand how her joints work and we have to move her how she wants to be moved, how she would move herself. So people who have experienced that often find suddenly that having been single for a long time, they suddenly become attractive, able to communicate on someone else's terms and acquire a real human partner in their lives.
Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.

Last edited by Haremlover; 13-09-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Gold Excellence Member

good luck with your talk hope all goes well.

carlys_guy
Old 13-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Gold Member

Geez Harem, a half hour slot is nowhere near enough to present anything like the full story!

Best of luck. First and foremost, enjoy the experience.
Old 13-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Diamond Member

Well in the words of Daisy Ashford in The Young Visitors, half a loaf is better than none.

If people might be able to lend me any accounts of their own experiences it's an opportunity to speak from the heart of the wider doll community

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 13-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Best wishes and good luck with this presentation. The only criticism I have if the afforeprinted is for an exact speech is the line "...have not developed beyond that" as to me this infers that those who use their dolls for sex only are
inferior and comes across as patronizing even though I'm one of the ones who see their sex role as less important than other functions. Sorry for my inneloquence (and crap spelling ) but you get my drift ?
Old 13-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

Hi Harem,

Best of luck, sounds like an interesting event. If the dates didn't clash with the UK meet, I'd pop over for the weekend and lend my support. You'll get a much better reaction in the Dam than you would anywhere in the UK, so you'll have a blast.

If you are looking for personal experiences, feel free to draw on my interview published in EAN:
https://www.ean-online.com/insights/...l-photography/

Worth noting however, that that interview was back in May when I was still taking pics as a hobby. However, with a growing social media following, I've been approached by a few models and Pro Dommes who like my style and I've ended up doing some paid shoots, and collaborations with other photographers. The point being, I'd never have had the confidence to do that if it hadn't been for the dolls

Also happy for you to use any of my pics if you want, but you have more than enough of your own I suspect

Get in touch if there are any specific questions you have.

Best,
Psion

Last edited by psion satori; 13-09-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 13-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Good luck with your presentation Harem. it is the same weekend as our Doll Meet so perhaps we'll raise a glass to you!
Old 14-09-2018, 12:50 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philinotstine View Post
Best wishes and good luck with this presentation. The only criticism I have if the afforeprinted is for an exact speech is the line "...have not developed beyond that" as to me this infers that those who use their dolls for sex only are
inferior and comes across as patronizing even though I'm one of the ones who see their sex role as less important than other functions. Sorry for my inneloquence (and crap spelling ) but you get my drift ?
Yes - very much so and thanks. My direction in that sort of area has been influenced by my father first hand, who has been emotionally incapable of engaging with others and now in a home at the age of 86 is living a very emotionally impoverished life. I wish he had been able to engage more with the doll lady I gave him, and that the doll had been the sort of extension to his mind that I'd hoped. But such as what was not to be.

These things are as you say very difficult to communicate with the right sort of nuance or implication and I understand exactly what you're saying and agree.

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Old 14-09-2018, 02:15 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Good Luck and Finger crossed Harem...
Old 14-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Bronze Member

Hi Harem and best wishes with your talk.
I had to think about this for a while,how to relate my feelings.
There was always a hole in my life,solvent abuse at 13yr old did not fill it,neither did heroin,I was an active alcholic for nigh on 25 yrs and no fun there...It has been 18yrs or so since I stopped drinking but in my early years of sobriety I still had the hole.I do no good in relationships because I seem to need my own way,maybe i'm adhd or ocd or too much lsd I don't know but prolonged periods of time by myself seem to defrag my mind enough to enable me to go out into society to do what I have to.But with my doll I feel the hole starting to fill itself in,I have company yet I have my solitude,I got the doll initially for sex purposes and I do believe that in the 9 months since she came here I have had a change of perception and there is now an emotional bond in place.
Thanks for championing the cause in this way
Matt