picture uploading problem.

Hi Phil,

Thinking how to help you...:confused:

but I just use Imgbb.com these days.

I struggle to update my album anymore.

Tommo:tu

thanks tommo. still getting error. typical haven't done a new doll shoot for months then when i finaly do with pris outside this shit happens :confused::(:mad::wall

If its the second why not try Imgbb. some of us on here use it now, you don't need to reduce the image size down unless it over 16mb, unfortunately most of mine are these days :wall

Anyhow it's a piece of cake.

Instructions for Imgbb. 'For guests'

Sorry a bit brief I'm at the shops on my phone, hope it helps

https://imgbb.com

1. Click "start uploading" usually a blue tab

2. Select an image saved on your phone or computer.

3. Click "Upload" that's usually a green tab

4. Choose "BBCode full linked" from the drop down menu in the upper box.

5. Click the link provided in the lower box. This should highlight the link.

6. Click on 'copy' in the top right corner of the lower box.

7. Then paste the link into a new post you've created on the forum.

The above instructions are assuming you are a guest on imgbb, and to start with that is better.

Once a signed in user on Imgbb, I found 'BBCode full linked' produced a very large photos on the forum and selected 'BBCode medium linked' in most cases instead.

Any problems just ask.
Good luck.

Don't know about imgbb.com, there terms are as photobucket, and the knid of content used will be removed, over time:mad:

Terms of use of Imgbb service

What cannot be uploaded to Imgbb servers:

Copyrighted images if you don't own copyright for it
Violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
Any other images that might be considered illegal in USA or EU countries

Also, don't use Imgbb to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.

If you are not sure whether image you want to upload is allowed then do not upload that image. All uploaded images are checked by staff and images that violate terms will be removed without warning and uploader of such images might be banned from website.

found could up load photos here just fine.

Don't know about imgbb.com, there terms are as photobucket, and the knid of content used will be removed, over time:mad:

Terms of use of Imgbb service

What cannot be uploaded to Imgbb servers:

Copyrighted images if you don't own copyright for it
Violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
Any other images that might be considered illegal in USA or EU countries

Also, don't use Imgbb to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.

If you are not sure whether image you want to upload is allowed then do not upload that image. All uploaded images are checked by staff and images that violate terms will be removed without warning and uploader of such images might be banned from website.

Very good. Seems to work well for me and others on here, with or without Imgbb.com accounts.
Most of us store backups of the photos elsewhere. I have been using it as many of us have for many months now without any problems at all.

Not yet:(

But remember all your threads and posts will not show when they do:(

A motor forum lost all photos using that site from just having links:mad:

Not yet:(

But remember all your threads and posts will not show when they do:(

A motor forum lost all photos using that site from just having links:mad:

That's no big issue.
My threads are done fade off in the distance and never seen again.
To be perfectly honest I post photos, gif files, and stuff, from my, pc, laptop, or phone, mainly my phone. If it wasn't for Imgbb I wouldn't have done half the things that I have done.
I would go so far as to say, I wouldn't be arsed without it, posting on here at all.

Last edited:
Well that sounds fine for a one time view thread, but not sure that's what all want:no:.

Do know the motor forum use the photos and threads years down the line, so not having them was a big deal:mad:.

They now host the photos themselves, it's much better, I think than not having threads without photos.

I can see that not having a perm: photo hosted gives you more control, and is more of a news post or thread for today only.

I think some forums clear the threads as they go off the home page, bit like seeing tv and news.

Well that sounds fine for a one time view thread, but not sure that's what all want:no:.

Do know the motor forum use the photos and threads years down the line, so not having them was a big deal:mad:.

They now host the photos themselves, it's much better, I think than not having threads without photos.

I can see that not having a perm: photo hosted gives you more control, and is more of a news post or thread for today only.

I think some forums clear the threads as they go off the home page, bit like seeing tv and news.

I therefore suggest you try to help Phil out with is posting issues, let him know what is going wrong.

If my suggestions don't sound good enough, and yet me and other big doll photo posters here, have done it this way 1000's of times before.

Tommo

Last edited:
Yes I did try to help him, as said before, I tested the up load with two up load car photos they worked fine, maybe your mate can make sure they are not to big and try again.

I don't know how he is up loading them or what from, some more info may help or if others are getting trouble.

Will keep a eye on the thread and help if I can:)

Phil I've tested the system and there does not appear to be any problem unless I try to upload vastly oversized images, have you resized the images before attempting to upload?

CT

The trap to full into is using programs that allow you to reduce them by a percentage of the total file size, if you think that say 50% will do, you sometimes find one photo still is over the file size limit.
I know I would do it a lot:o

Tommo

If it's not a size matter, it may be, the type of file, not j-peg, on up load this will give what he gets server er:.

The photo may be a background from the internet, or a photo background he has put an edit on.

There are a number of ways round this, and if that is the case I can help:)

Here is what I know about imgbb from the motor forum I use, check it out yourself.

Imgbb.
Messrs Imgbb they will steal all your images within weeks if not days.
I hold all necessary facts and details to prove this from the motor forum Feel free to request.
I use only publicly available legally clean images.
Yes, I was caught on free hosting promise. Imgbb site works well and I ignored that they are basic offshore money laundering group. No address, no phone, they never reply. But their trap was widening and widening. They gave higher and higher upload limits. I thought: what wonderful guys! Terms: a few easy workable lines and you are absolutely free to go.
Let’s stop here!!!
Beware! This is where their trap is: as soon as they realize that they have no interest in your images – they ignore their undertakings and you will lose all your images, all your hard work within seconds.
They don’t reply and won’t return your images.
Have lots more, wont post here.

The trap to full into is using programs that allow you to reduce them by a percentage of the total file size, if you think that say 50% will do, you sometimes find one photo still is over the file size limit.
I know I would do it a lot:o

Tommo

Hi Tommo.

The programme I use is Serif PhotoPlus Essentials and can reduce picture size by pixels or percentage. I have it set on pixels.

I only have to put in one pixel size - 800 for landscape / 600 for portrait - and click on the other box for original pixel size and it reduces it to either 800x600 or 600x800. On occasion, I do get a failure to upload picture. By just reducing the image size by 1 pixel it cured it and the image was uploaded.

It's also good for adding effects and lettering to images.

Back