UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
As NDjdjjjjdj says...

But, a warrant/court order would allow the Police AND HMRC access to that data.

To get a warrant, they would need an excuse, ie. 'reasonable suspicion'. 'Reasonable' is not necessarily 'reasonable' though. They can and do trick the judiciary into thinking they have a 'reasonable' excuse based on highly creative intelligence.

They can undertake an arrest under the PACE Act 1984 which allows a search even without any prior judicial oversight. A 'reasonable excuse' has to be proved after the arrest if a complaint is made, by which time they have already infringed your privacy anyways.

Their 'reasonable excuses' are often based on complete guesswork because they don't know what they are doing and/or do not know the law.
Fair points, however my answer (although I appreciate that this is the “mini” thread) was only really aimed at the purchase of the full size doll, based on the fact that this is the only type currently available in the UK, and there seems to be absolutely no question of the legality of import, sale, purchase and ownership of the full size doll here.

Therefore I would very much hope and expect that the authorities here would not ever be granted a warrant to allow them to infringe upon the privacy of any private citizen purchasing a completely legal item.

Last edited by NDjdjjjjdj; 08-09-2019 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 08-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
As NDjdjjjjdj says...

To get a warrant, they would need an excuse, ie. 'reasonable suspicion'. 'Reasonable' is not necessarily 'reasonable' though. They can and do trick the judiciary into thinking they have a 'reasonable' excuse based on highly creative intelligence.

They can undertake an arrest under the PACE Act 1984 which allows a search even without any prior judicial oversight. A 'reasonable excuse' has to be proved after the arrest if a complaint is made, by which time they have already infringed your privacy anyways.

Their 'reasonable excuses' are often based on complete guesswork because they don't know what they are doing and/or do not know the law.
So can we now assume mini is a nogoer in the UK considering the long time now they have had to assess the product and no decision.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolliscious View Post
So can we now assume mini is a nogoer in the UK considering the long time now they have had to assess the product and no decision.
It's not for me to answer that.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain with some of my questions. Do UKC and or BF have access to your customer data i.e. names, addresses.
That's ok, they're only painful to me. - No, they do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDjdjjjjdj View Post
Why would they?
Customers are not importing the dolls - they are already in the country - so its none of UKBFs business.
^ Spot on.

Quote:
As NDjdjjjjdj says...
Good thing our data is kept here in Australia. In all seriousness, to date we have not sold any KD Mini's to the public as UKBF would know, having seized our first ever shipment of the new product. Given they have inspected and released every subsequent shipment of the KD-FS then we've got no reason to worry. If you have done nothing wrong then one has nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Even if our first shipment was released, we have no existing plans to import these products to the UK in the future. This is why we removed the KD-M from our UK online store. With the grey area of what's obscene and what's not, it's not supportive to our frequent import schedule with shipments now coming in every month.

Cheers,
Fletcher
Old 09-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Bronze Member

I have nothing massive to contribute, I just wanted to say that having watched this issue with Kimber develop across a few threads, I am extremely impressed at how quickly Fletcher replies to questions, and always gives as much info as possible.

Trawling the group, I found early threads where Andy from SSW was new to the site and rode out a STORM of questions, and is now considered a "Trusted Vendor" on the group, I look Forward to Fletcher ending up in the same place.

I am about to order another JY..........But I will admit to thinking "What can I shift around in my bedroom to make room for a Kimber?"

Its me.....isn't it......I'm going to need to shift ME........on to the floor.......in a sleeping bag!
Who's bloody idea was this whole "doll" thing?....................
Old 09-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberdoll View Post
That's ok, they're only painful to me. - No, they do not.

^ Spot on.

Good thing our data is kept here in Australia. In all seriousness, to date we have not sold any KD Mini's to the public as UKBF would know, having seized our first ever shipment of the new product. Given they have inspected and released every subsequent shipment of the KD-FS then we've got no reason to worry. If you have done nothing wrong then one has nothing to worry about.

Even if our first shipment was released, we have no existing plans to import these products to the UK in the future. This is why we removed the KD-M from our UK online store. With the grey area of what's obscene and what's not, it's not supportive to our frequent import schedule with shipments now coming in every month.

Cheers,
Fletcher
Thank you again clearing up what has been a disappointment no doubt for many. I must congratulate you on your excellent replies and a great product.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrock View Post
I have nothing massive to contribute, I just wanted to say that having watched this issue with Kimber develop across a few threads, I am extremely impressed at how quickly Fletcher replies to questions, and always gives as much info as possible.

Trawling the group, I found early threads where Andy from SSW was new to the site and rode out a STORM of questions, and is now considered a "Trusted Vendor" on the group, I look Forward to Fletcher ending up in the same place.

I am about to order another JY..........But I will admit to thinking "What can I shift around in my bedroom to make room for a Kimber?"

Its me.....isn't it......I'm going to need to shift ME........on to the floor.......in a sleeping bag!
Who's bloody idea was this whole "doll" thing?....................
Thank you Captain. I enjoy being active here and providing insight where possible.

Quote:
Thank you again clearing up what has been a disappointment no doubt for many. I must congratulate you on your excellent replies and a great product.
Thank you Dolly, we appreciate your words of encouragement.

Cheers,
Fletcher