UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Bronze Member

Default Racyme comments

sitting in a chair for a long time, the doll's belly may be streaked. Long term non normal state will greatly increase the risk of sponge-layer fracture. Unquote....what does this mean ?
Old 10-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Bronze Member

I'm guessing it means that having a doll sat upright in a chair for long periods will "crease" the tpe/silicone top layer, and eventually damage the foam core.

Understandable, as when you think about it, sitting upright is quite a harsh angle on the hips. I sat one of mine in a chair for a night and she had a line across her lower abdomen, luckily it faded after a night stretched out in bed, but clearly, could be an issue if left like that for a while.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

I cannot guaranteee my answer is correct as I do not have a Racyme so have never had cause to investigate the build. But, how I read it is that with these girls their joints are protected by a spongy material that stops the metal from rubbing against the inside of the TPE.

That binding will with most girls last a lifetime but the warning seems to be two warnings without proper seperation.

1) if the TPE is left creased then the crease may become permanent.

2) If the joints are left for a long time bent then the binding may deteriorate which will threaten the TPE from the insiide.

If that is what was meant then those warnings are universal rather than anything peculiar to Racyme.

Best idea is to store flat. If you store sitting then ensure that the stomach is flat (they need to sit upright). Also, if they are not stored flat ensure that you change their positions regularly.

All pretty standard stuff. nothing brand specific to worry about,

Shamus.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Captain,

we crossed but we're in agreement

Tried to find a Racyme skeleton image but came up blank. Was interested to see whether they have hinged backs which would link better to the sentence which seemed to relate to the stomach area.