UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 11-09-2019, 12:50 AM
Bronze Member

I work with TPE and silicone and other plastics in my job as a development engineer. Sorry for making jokes about some topics sometimes.

TPE and silicone don't need any powder (to expand lifetime).
The powder might only help to reduce friction if you touch or move the 'material' to prevent damage and make it feel better.

Some oils and plasticizers can expand the lifetime of silicone or TPE. But in case of dolls you never know which material you have and if oils etc. might even damage your 'material'.

Regarding the picture of the tire: This will happen to most TPE materials just like tires after some years or at least decades. It also depends on the amount of sunlight and high temperatures and chemicals used on the material.

If you want to have double mileage for your tires maybe place them 5-10 years in a sunny spot before you mount them first time on rims, but don't complain about the bad grip and feeling then.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Anung,

If at some point you can send me a pm pointing me to your Why on TDF or in whatever format, I am very interested, Thanks.

Tommo
Sent the chemistry lesson to Tommo10 at TDF (as to complex for the PM format on UKLDF..not enough characters is all), and success, found these ones on TDF

https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi...00381#p1000381

https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi...57102#p1257102

Now these I wrote up a few years back, and I am aware that some factories have evolved tpe blend mixtures and ratios since, and also,some have not, so again the advice in those posts is relevant to dolls made around the time of posting, and always check with the factory that makes dollies, not just the label that owns the design, as there is a massive difference between factory technical and production foreman knowledge replies and the Brand label sales reps agent replies.

Anung
Old 11-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pron View Post
I work with TPE and silicone and other plastics in my job as a development engineer. Sorry for making jokes about some topics sometimes.

TPE and silicone don't need any powder (to expand lifetime).
The powder might only help to reduce friction if you touch or move the 'material' to prevent damage and make it feel better.

Some oils and plasticizers can expand the lifetime of silicone or TPE. But in case of dolls you never know which material you have and if oils etc. might even damage your 'material'.

Regarding the picture of the tire: This will happen to most TPE materials just like tires after some years or at least decades. It also depends on the amount of sunlight and high temperatures and chemicals used on the material.

If you want to have double mileage for your tires maybe place them 5-10 years in a sunny spot before you mount them first time on rims, but don't complain about the bad grip and feeling then.
Wouldn’t they already be starting to perish when you put them onto the vehicle?
Old 14-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member

Well, powdering time here remains the same as always

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Gold Member

Not going to start anymore arguments lol, but apart from the fact that SOME tyres have never been near proper rubber during the manufacture, eg racing tyres are man made and use pseudo rubber) 3 of the main reasons of tyre degradation NOT caused by normal motoring is grit, sand and salt and 4 (i'll come in again) ! 4, 4 reasons no one expects the Spanish Inq.... oops sorry, i digress ! 4-Pressures
Old Today, 08:58 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
Not going to start anymore arguments lol, but apart from the fact that SOME tyres have never been near proper rubber during the manufacture, eg racing tyres are man made and use pseudo rubber) 3 of the main reasons of tyre degradation NOT caused by normal motoring is grit, sand and salt and 4 (i'll come in again) ! 4, 4 reasons no one expects the Spanish Inq.... oops sorry, i digress ! 4-Pressures
Sure waspie, but that concern is only relevant with the hollow breasted models mate

Anung