UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 24-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Bronze Member

Default Weight..... Dolls are too heavy

Weight seems to be a problem with these products. I recently lifted a box of tiles.... 19kg and they were borderline for me. There are many designs out there but for their back breaking weights. Manufacturers need to reduce Weight.
Old 24-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Bronze Member

Some silicone manufacturers have a foam core in their dolls to help reduce the weight, it seems to be the more busty and thicker dolls that weigh a ridiculous amount, i have seen one well over 50kg and higher and have no idea how people can manage a doll at that weight and people foam at the mouth for these type of dolls

No tpe or silicone doll is exactly light but some just more manageable then others, then again it adds to the realism and feels better then picking up something that feels like a pillow to cuddle personally

Would be interesting to see weight reduction on certain dolls

Last edited by DanDub; 24-06-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 24-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Bronze Member

Hollow more pliable breasts will save weight.
Old 24-06-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolliscious View Post
Hollow more pliable breasts will save weight.
Many have them... The skeleton and body tpe weigh a lot. Like Dan said, silicone is lighter, I have a silicone full size 4woods she is 26kg, and bottom line, that is possibly one of the lightest you can get, unless you go for a smaller doll which these days you are not going to get.

Tommo

Last edited by Tommo10; 24-06-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 24-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Silver Member

Then, of course, a doll can be too light. Before living with my first solid doll, a number of years ago, I'd only ever had air dolls. They were far too light which took away from the realism, having some weight helps to give them a presence, especially when being intimate. My second gal was rather short and thin, which made her lightweight by my standards, even snuggling with her on the sofa didn't feel right.
I understand some, with disabilities, a lack of physical strength, one's ability to balance, physical space in one's living arrangements and even one's real world strength levels have a part to play. But, it needs to be accepted that a doll, which weights 125lb, might not be the best option. Likewise for a doll which weights 5lb.
I think if one finds a doll too heavy, then she's not the lady for you and the same applies if she is too light.
eco
Old 24-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Silver Member

I was concerned about the weight when I was shopping for my first doll. I'm of slight build (65kg 162cm) not very strong and don't consider myself to be fit since I've spent most of my working life behind desks. I also have a hernia to be aware of and I smoked for 30 years prior to quitting in August last year.

I ordered a WM153A which has a manufactures weight at 29kg. Not sure what she actually weighs as I don't own bathroom scales but with her head I'd guess shes around 32-34kg. When she first arrived the weight was a problem. Her first two weeks were spent either lying in bed or sat down. I was using an old office chair without arms (now called the 'dolly trolley') to move her the 3 meters from the bedroom to the living room and back.

These days I am more confident in moving her. The dolly trolley is used less as I've got more accustomed to how her weight is distributed. I can easily get her from lying/sitting to a standing position and carry her easy enough in bridal position. I think its a learning curve and once you get to know her more it becomes easier. My hernia has caused no problems and my back is still intact but oh boy, my arms don't half ache at times but this is likely more to do with moving her stiff joints than anything else.
Old 24-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Diamond Member

Who needs the cost of a gym when one can have a doll instead?

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 24-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Bronze Member

If my +50kg Realdoll would weight 35kg or less I would never have bought her because of missing realism especially for cowgirl fun
I also have a WM155 which is rather not heavy enough for my taste and hope Realdoll won't make them with less weight in the future
Old 27-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pron View Post
If my +50kg Realdoll would weight 35kg or less I would never have bought her because of missing realism especially for cowgirl fun
I also have a WM155 which is rather not heavy enough for my taste and hope Realdoll won't make them with less weight in the future
Just carried a 15kg tub of tile adhesive up a flight of stairs and that was heavy. Ex-Lite is 8kg but wrinkly polyurethane why not tpe instead
Old 27-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolliscious View Post
Just carried a 15kg tub of tile adhesive up a flight of stairs and that was heavy. Ex-Lite is 8kg but wrinkly polyurethane why not tpe instead
Its the TPE thats the weight.

The skeleton itself is a nothingness. The head is a layer of TPE over a resin shell... But the body... Thats where the wieght is and why things such as hollow boobs can make all the difference.

If the Ex lite was TPE she would be both heavier and more expensive.