UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum. > Teddy Babe Maintenance and Modification - Sub-Forum

Old 29-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Silver Member

I went through this whole thread while doing some research.... simply amazing!
Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Bronze Member

Brilliant... brilliant....
Did I mention brilliant?
Larry
Old 07-01-2018, 01:48 PM

That is some engineering ! Respect
Old 07-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Awwe, shucks guys, thanks.
Actually, I should give a quick update, is it just me, or is this thread a breeding ground for double entendres?
Anyway, skeletal update, her knees are getting looser but very gradually, as are her ankles.
I had experienced the stuck leg syndrome that some have had on tpe/silicone dolls, which was just a matter of retracing the steps to get one hinge back enough to let the leg swing in line with the second.
The left to right leg movement on the right is notably lose and it only just stays positioned holding it's own weight.
The front to back leg movement seems tighter than before on the left, perhaps a result of the brass washers, I used chromed washers mostly except the ankles, which are also easier to move.
The hip joints still seem to move in stages rather than fluidly, almost as if they were notched.
All in all, she is still pose-able and able to hold her own on her knees as this (crap) pic taken a few days ago shows.

Carly, on her knees and still holding her own.

One for gratuitous purposes.

Make that... two.

Pete.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Diamond Member

Interesting poses!
Old 08-01-2018, 04:35 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Okay Pete,Let's take a look at the problem.

At first:

You see the self locking Nuts, at 1th. its a bad gland and on the 2nd.its a good connection.
The srew must be full with the thread by the Nut, because there is plastic in the nut to stop the screw.

The Nut with plastic ring

And 2nd... you need on both ( !!!) sites, where the srews goes by, plastic or better Delrin washer / sliders

And Pete when nothing goes better take this

Cheers Harleyhahn

Last edited by harleyhahn; 08-01-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhahn View Post
Okay Pete,Let's take a look at the problem.

At first:

You see the self locking Nuts, at 1th. its a bad gland and on the 2nd.its a good connection.
The srew must be full with the thread by the Nut, because there is plastic in the nut to stop the screw.

The Nut with plastic ring

And 2nd... you need on both ( !!!) sites, where the srews goes by, plastic or better Delrin washer / sliders

And Pete when nothing goes better take this

Cheers Harleyhahn
I am using nylock nuts, but I tried nylon washers, they did not allow for enough friction, I opted for bigger bolt and nut diameter to increase the surface area and allow for tighter torque specs, but this deformed the nylon washers before I could get enough FT/LB to give resistance, even the chrome or steel washers were allowing the legs to fall under their own weight, but the brass washers solved this.
I realized at the time that they would likely wear quickly, but hadn't anticipated them getting tighter, my current theory is the brass is being etched unevenly by the steel frame, as it was not a machined surface, even though I de-burred the edges and bolt holes by hand with a bastard file and emery cloth followed by 600 grit wet & dry, the imperfections are enhanced under the preloads applied and it is reasonable to suspect the brass particles are being shifted and layering creating more resistance by increased pressure and malleability.
But its just a theory, based on past experience, I still intend to upgrade the framework, washers and make knee caps to protect her skin from the hinge, at the same time Tilly will be fitted for hers.
When I do get around to doing this, I will inspect and report on my findings with the washers, including pics.

Pete.