UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Default Safe soaps for TPE Question

May be a silly question but which soap(s) are safe to use cleaning a new TPE doll available in the UK?

Seen mention of antibacterial soap, the only types I have come across is either Detol Soap (yellow solid soap) and antibacterial handwash (liquid).

I have read on TDF a 1:5 soap mix but have not found what that is.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:17 AM
Platinum Member

With lukewarm water and if necessary with mild personal hygiene articles such as
for example Wash hair shampoo or color neutral shower gel, and a soft washcloth.

Please remember, if you use detergent with surfactants or otherwise the own oil withdraws, the base material is fragile and breaks.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Bronze Member

I use, and do so as i read on forums like this, fairy liquid. Lathers up great, smells nice, and leaves her clean enough to eat off of (pun intended).
I guess anything natural and non alcoholic would do so most soaps like simple soap etc ? I'm sure others willl reply and probably lots of answers and advice here and other forums
Old 15-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Hello oly2b
I use Simple hand soap in the hand pump bottle, you can buy it from Wilkos or any other bargain shop
Old 15-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
I use, and do so as i read on forums like this, fairy liquid. Lathers up great, smells nice, and leaves her clean enough to eat off of (pun intended).
I guess anything natural and non alcoholic would do so most soaps like simple soap etc ? I'm sure others willl reply and probably lots of answers and advice here and other forums
I'm with waspie, Fairy liquid
Old 16-01-2018, 11:56 AM

But Fairy liquid breaks down oil and grease , would it deteriorate the tpe by breaking the oil the oil out of it
Old 16-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Active New Member

When hands that do dishes feel as soft as your face....it's mild green fairy liquid

Larry
Old 16-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by needadreamgirl View Post
But Fairy liquid breaks down oil and grease , would it deteriorate the tpe by breaking the oil the oil out of it
Very good question, i have been using this method for years with no adverse effects, Though it only gives a surface clean, if after yiu wash the doll you still find she is dirty then you need to go to method 2

My Method 2 is facial make up wipes with a spot of baby oil on the wipe then gentle draw across the area to be cleaned and be prepared to be amazed

I have done this on what looked like a clean area only for the wipe and baby oil to give a deep clean and lift deep down dirt, you need to try is to see what i mean.....

If that does not clean her then lovedoll uk sell a cleaning cream and stain remover though some people have has sucess with Hammer tooth paste for anyone interested ..

Old 17-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Silver Member

I used Tesco Value bubble bath.

It's not so much the washing, but the re-oiling and powdering that follows to kill any static attraction and make her silky smooth again.