UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum. > Teddy Babe Maintenance and Modification - Sub-Forum

Old 25-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Default Carly's new skeleton.

I've just installed Carly's new skeleton.

It has full range of movement as you can see from the pictures below.

I made it from 3mmx 25mm flat steel, the joints were also made of the same material except the knees, they were cut and filed from 50mmx3mm steel flat, so as to have an off set pivot, allowing the legs to fold completely in a parallel position.
I tried using 3mm aluminum plate, but it proved to wear very rapidly even with thrust washers as you can see.

The leg "bones" are made from 1inch dowel, the lower legs are tapered down and cable looped around the ankle joint then fitted snugly into machined (chiseled) recesses, allows for only sideways movement keeping it stable from front to back movement.
The ankle joint is a series of chrome, copper washers, with spring and rattle proof washers ensuring wear is kept to the washers only.
The foot is made from the 3mm aluminum plate with a layer of thin metal on the base providing a big toe which can be bent for balancing or posing, then a 5mm foam rubber sole finished with velour booties.
They are unfinished in the pic.

Continued.

Pete.
Old 25-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Golden Diamond Member

At work so can't write much, but initial thoughts are...

FUCK! That's ingenious!

Karrot

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 25-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

The wooden thighs have been drilled and 5inches of 10mm threaded rod inserted so as to facilitate rotation, as the hips are only two way joints.
This means she has in effect the same range of movement as a human.
The pictures below are of my prototype rotator joint using a wood screw with the head cut of, the spring is to take some of the strain off the thread and give the joint resistance, the actual joint uses just 2 chrome and 1 spring washer.

This is just before final assembly.

These are the hips, just used a piece of angle iron making the bolts fit very close, these, the knee and ankle have spring washers over chrome and nylock nuts, the tension needed to be much higher than I expected just to hold her own leg up.

I cut her old metal rod skeleton and wove it through the top piece of steel flat that also pivots, I didn't take pictures but I'll draw the join.
The rod is two different colors only so you can see them individual.
This is to make a rigid connection.

Prepped, tensioned and ready to install.

It's finally done, but straight away I can see two things that should be altered.
The hip arch should have been more of a triangle than an arch, it is a bit close to the waist, and the hip arch width can be slightly narrower without causing issue, you cannot feel the frame in the hip, but can a little bit on the waist area, you can feel her shins and her ankle but they are padded and feel very much like a human, as does the knee when bent more than 90 degrees.

Well she is sleeping it off right now, but we will give it a good test when she is up for a couple of pics.
Her filling was a chore to tease, but worth it, I got a packing box full from her, and that turned into nearly three onece teased out.
She is however nearly as firm as she was from the factory with some to spare, her calves could do with a bit more fill, but mostly I'd say she looks pretty smooth, thank f#@&, I was so worried about it.
Not perfect, but I will make some changes and it should be pretty close.
I have no welder or lathes, not even a drill press, this is the only way I could figure to do it for under $50.00, the foamed rubber was the biggest single expense.
She now weighs about 7 to 8kg, she is heavier than before but still a light weight to handle, I am definitely happy about that.
I noticed eye shaped slots in the but and boob section inside just enough to add more fill, so I did.
Carly was getting rather too soft before, so its another plus but, the stiffness restricts her movement, so she will need some massage in a few strategic places.
Otherwise... Totally chuffed, a few mods and she will be set.

Pete.

Last edited by ARK ANGEL; 25-11-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 25-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Bronze Member

Awesome work!
My hat is off to you.
All the best.
Old 25-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Gold Excellence Member

good work heres to a quick and total recovery. i had to keep carly from seeing this so she didn't freak out.

carlys_guy
Old 25-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Gold Excellence Member

OMG and WOW and anything else that conveys stunned admiration

Truly an excellent job sir

Here's wishing Carly a speedy recovery

FM
Old 25-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Pete, you're a freaking Genius! That is a very good set of solutions to the problems involved in making a new skeleton. Regardless of welding/woodworking skills and tooling, you have addressed every joints requirements with thought and come up with solutions that appear to be both solid and simple.

Here's to hoping Carly comes round soon and feels great for having a little something extra over her TB sisters. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her posing and showing off her new abilities.

Karrot

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 25-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Diamond Member

Default Brilliant!

I'm extremely impressed with your solution; an amazing piece of work and can't wait to see her up and about again. That pic of her unconscious in the mask is very touching. Well done! All here look forwards to seeing her up and well again!
Old 26-11-2016, 01:18 AM
Diamond Member

I am very impressed about your work !!!

Feel my work like boring, its an other category
show you Pics later.
But i think i have the know how to help, but the way to far...
Old 26-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Diamond Member

First is an Oillamp and the other a Numberplate on the Side for Motorcycles

These are only both of hundreds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maggy Íllampe 2010 081.jpg (41.6 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00042-20140707-1300.jpg (27.5 KB, 278 views)