UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum

Old 24-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Default Firefox is broken.

Rather than keep asking people in threads if they can see my images I'll post here.

I'm having a problem with my images being shown on this site I believed it was an issue caused by a firefox security plugin I use called 'HTTPS Everywhere' but I removed it and still had the issue I always keep ff up to date but I have now discovered it's because the 'Content Blocking' in ff is a broken pile of crap.

When visiting UKLDF I always get the unsafe website warning and accept the risk and add a security exception and access the site but it seems that ff is not recognizing the security exception for UKLDF and is still content blocking my images I can see them but others can't, there should be an option in ff settings to turn off content blocking for any site you want but it's not there and the option to manually add a web address is grayed out and won't work.

I have uninstalled ff and reinstalled the latest version but the option in ff settings to turn off content blocking for any site is still missing and greyed out so I have tried a few recommended workarounds as a last resort and if that doesn't work then ff is gone cause I'm sick of it, these issues with ff can found here if anyone else is having problems.

https://scottiestech.info/2019/03/12...ng-screwed-up/

Thanks for your patience mine is certainly wearing thin last attempt before I bin ff..can anyone see the image?

Old 24-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Nope.
Old 24-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Your gallery doesn't appear to be public. It's not listed in your profile......

- - -
Old 24-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

Sorry no... And I'm someone else who only ever uses firefox.

Never had issue with posting images.

Then again, don't see how posting issues can be your browser. Would that not only be viewing the images?

Don't know how you've been attempting to upload. I use two mehtods, either load into my albums on here (very slow. Can only do it one image at a time into the batch and then load them which sometimes doesn't work) or use IMGBB (very fast but then we have the issue that if anything happens to IMGBB its beyond the control of the site. As such for single images I try to stick with albums).

Once loaded into the album its just a matter of clicking the image, grabbing the whole second line with IMG /IMG on either side of it (including those tags) and pasting it into the post.

When pulling in from IMGbb its go through the images, click the embed codes button on the image then I use BBCode Medium Linked. Copy the link and paste it the same as I would from the albums.

In both cases generally I find it best to have a second tab open on a seperate screen to grab the pics.

Hope that something in that identifies something that you may have missed.

Kindest regards,

Shamus.
Old 24-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Yes, but you'd got your album set to 'private' so only Admins could see the pics. I've set it to public for you.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 24-09-2019, 04:17 PM

I can see it now!
Old 24-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Banned

Me too
Old 24-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

You will need to make sure that you are using plain HTTP to access the site, any HTTPS is going to have problems.

The site is HTTPS enabled, but the certificate is self-signed, expired, and was not issued for the name of this site, so is broken in 3 different ways. Make sure that the site is excluded from HTTPS Everywhere and make sure you are not picking HTTPS links from your history or autocomplete.
It would be great if the site could use something like Let's Encrypt to do valid HTTPS, but I don't know anything about the hosting package to know how well integrated it is.

I use Firefox on Linux and Android to access the site and i don't have the problems you mention.
Old 24-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42 View Post
You will need to make sure that you are using plain HTTP to access the site, any HTTPS is going to have problems.

The site is HTTPS enabled, but the certificate is self-signed, expired, and was not issued for the name of this site, so is broken in 3 different ways. Make sure that the site is excluded from HTTPS Everywhere and make sure you are not picking HTTPS links from your history or autocomplete.
It would be great if the site could use something like Let's Encrypt to do valid HTTPS, but I don't know anything about the hosting package to know how well integrated it is.

I use Firefox on Linux and Android to access the site and i don't have the problems you mention.
WTaF? You lost me after HTTP!

Think you and CyberTed should have a chat, you both speak geek and he's looking at making improvements.

Psion
Old 25-09-2019, 11:33 AM

Thank you all for your help although I still might bin ff as it's not working correctly, ff thinks UKLDF is a security risk and blocks some content like images as it says in security menu

you should have the option to turn off content blocking and/or add the website to a whitelist and exclude it as in the image below but it's simply not there in my settings, see top image.

Obviously this issue does not affect every ff user and it is known by mozilla but they have failed to fix it and the workaround which sometimes works means you have to turn off all ff security which I am not happy with, thinking I might try opera browser for a while

Of course this post won't make any sense if you still can't see the images!