UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)

Old 22-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Banned

Similar answers to Algaes.

Is there a way to "seal" makeup so that it doesn't rub off on everything and lasts?

Not had an issue with the makeup rubbing off. Its more than it disappears with time as the TPE drinks it.

The key is that oil is your enemy so before applying makeup ensure that they are well powdered. I use cornflour.

Is there a magic substance that can be used to easily remove make up from TPE?

Yes, extra virgin olive oil and a micro fibre cloth. Careful of eye lashes and also careful of eye brows!

Are there recommended/not recommended products for TPE?

Not so much products but methods.
  • Work down the face to avoid smudging work already done.
  • The head doesn't need to be attached to make it up.
  • For eye liner and eye shadow it is easier if you first remove the eye balls.
  • Quality brushes pay dividends.
  • lips are everything. I use lipstick but applied using oil paint brushes and then smoothed using water colour brushes.
  • A tiny amount of lip salve / balm can make the lips glossy without using glossy lipstick (I prefer matt lips so not applicable here).
  • Primark lipstick is fantastic and only 90p each.

A lot of how we make up our girls is very pesonal taste. A few of my trade marks are
  • eyes, dark grey over but only on the eyelid, brown under
  • brown blusher on sides of nose and sides of head. red blusher accross tops of cheeks. skin tone blusher over all of it.
  • White eye shadow for teeth. Do the teeth before the lips but be prepared that once the lips are dry to go over the teeth again... Don't attempt that whilst the lips are wet.

Think thats about it for now... Now go listen to the people who know what they're doing

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 22-09-2021, 04:03 PM
Gold Member

Well I guess powder make up for pretty much everything seems to be the consensus here, then baby oil for removal.

I'll have to look through what I have, I bought so much stuff before my first doll Zoe arrived, wanting to be stocked up on everything I might need. I know I have a load of powder eye shadow sets and brushes and some eye liner, and loads of baby oil, so I guess I have most stuff covered.

I might need to pick up some nude lip gloss after watching Gavla's video, and some tiny poundland sponges

Cheers for the advice so far! If anyone has any really unorthodox products that they use I'd be really interested to know!
Old 22-09-2021, 04:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Not so much products but methods.
  • Work down the face to avoid smudging work already done.
  • The head doesn't need to be attached to make it up.
  • For eye liner and eye shadow it is easier if you first remove the eye balls.
  • Quality brushes pay dividends.
  • lips are everything. I use lipstick but applied using oil paint brushes and then smoothed using water colour brushes.
  • A tiny amount of lip salve / balm can make the lips glossy without using glossy lipstick (I prefer matt lips so not applicable here).
  • Primark lipstick is fantastic and only 90p each.
This list is super useful. I have some good make up brushes but I might pop down to Games Workshop and grab some new model painting brushes too, I have a feeling they might be useful.

On that note - has anyone ever used anything like Citadel paint on their dolls? I imagine that might be really good for teeth...
Old 22-09-2021, 04:55 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post
This list is super useful. I have some good make up brushes but I might pop down to Games Workshop and grab some new model painting brushes too, I have a feeling they might be useful.

On that note - has anyone ever used anything like Citadel paint on their dolls? I imagine that might be really good for teeth...
I once used acrylic paint on emmas teeth. Didnt stay on very long and for me it was a bit too white. Maybe play around with different colours.
I have heard a tipex pen is good for teeth but im yet to try

Old 22-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

I use a cream nail varnish on teeth - and use a toothpick to separate the teeth out before it dries. This gives you a nice wet look shine to the teeth.

White acrylic mixed with a bit of brown/yellow would be fine, though would dry matt.

- - -
Old 22-09-2021, 05:41 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
I use a cream nail varnish on teeth - and use a toothpick to separate the teeth out before it dries. This gives you a nice wet look shine to the teeth.
I second this method for teeth. It lasts for ages too. Everything else I use are just powder eye shadows and blushers.
Volks Dollfies ~ DD To Heart 2 Lucy Maria Misora, DDS Custom DDH-04 & DDH-10, DD Samurai Jupiter Sirius, DD Mizunatsu Sayaka Shirakawa, DDS Marisa Kirisame, DDS FGO Caster Scáthach-Skadi, DDS KonoSuba Megumin, DDS Reimu Hakurei
Thirdy goodies are available in our Etsy Shop
Old 22-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post
Yes... But, it didn't work... Or at least not for long.

TPE is soft (as you know) and teeth are not on the thickest part of the TPE so they bend and that makes the paint crack.

Tried a couple of different sorts paints mixing titanium white with a tiny amount of yellow ochre which makes them more realistic. Sometimes looked fantastic when first applied but didn't take long to crack where eye shadow lasts well and bends with the TPE.

Others may have different approaches that improve the durability of water based and acrylic paints.