UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-02-2022, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

Default Posting Pics, Clarification & Help, please

So after 10years, I finally had an idea for a post, and followed Sam's excellent tutorial sticky on how to put pics into posts, but only got a far as Step 11, right click on BBcode to copy, and paste. I couldn't understand how to do this and ended up just typing in the code in the approximately relevant place in the post. However, I can't believe that epics like Sam's outdoor shoots, or "The tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws" requires every individual pic's ID to be typed in. It would take the author hours (if it does then my admiration for their tenacity knows no bounds), so I presume there must be a way to click & drag. But how, what and where? Silver Surfer I am not, more like miserable baldy-headed old git Surfer. So advice (on how to do this, not where to go) in simple steps, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jock.
Old 25-02-2022, 09:40 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Usually just pressing the Image icon, pasting the URL to the image with the .jpg / .png at the end, then it will appear in the post with [img] and [/img] either end.

You could also use IMGbb > https://imgbb.com to upload your pictures. Upload an image, choose "do not delete" then under Embed codes, choose BBCode Full and just copy the whole link and paste into your post.

Be sure to keep the images around 1024px wide, other wise they become huge on the forum.

Old 25-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Sorry mate, there is no speedy shortcut, many of us have done stories or long shoots and also had to copy and paste each image's BB code one at a time.

What you do is this.....

Open your album in one tab and the post you are filling with photos in second tab.

Go to the album tab, below the photos is the BB code, right-click on the code and a drop box will show, click 'copy'.

Go to the second tab (the one with the post you are creating), right-click on the box that you usually type in and a drop box will show again, click 'paste' and it pastes the BB code including the image tags in the post.

Press 'Enter' once or twice, depending how much space you want between photos, then repeat the process.

Hopefully this will make sense.
Old 25-02-2022, 09:55 PM
Gold Member

Thank you for prompt reply, really appreciated. But you have lost me in your first sentence. What is the image icon? Where is it? I know its hard to believe that anyone can be so ignorant, but you have to understand that I don't even have a push-button mobile phone, far less one of these things that switch the central heating on ready for you coming back from Spain.
Old 25-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Gold Member

Thank you Revol, again reply appreciated. But you say copy and paste. Do you mean you type the long BBcode? Even if I could copy & paste it would be a saving. If you type, then my admiration for you all has gone off the scale.
Old 25-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Golden Diamond Member

If you are copying the BB code you don't need to worry about image tags. In the icons above where you type you will see a square box with yellow sky, a mountain and a sun...this is the image tag icon.
Old 25-02-2022, 10:03 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Your mouse has a button either side of the wheel, one is the left button and the other is the right button. Right-click means pushing the one on the right side of the wheel, left-click means pushing the one on the left.

Hang on, are you doing this from a phone??
Old 25-02-2022, 10:07 PM
Gold Member

Christ, how can I be so ignorant? Sorry . What is a tab? How do I get one? Split screen I have heard about, but do not know how to do it. Again apologies. Sorry.
Old 25-02-2022, 10:08 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Okay, if you are doing this on a phone then I can only talk about how to do it on a Samsung Android phone, I don't have or use Apple.

When you see the BB Code box, touch and hold part of the text and you should get four options...Copy, Search, Paste and Select all, touch 'Select all', the options should still be there so touch 'Copy'. Then go to your post, touch and hold the screen where you usually type into your post, you should then get options again, this time touch 'Paste'.
Old 25-02-2022, 10:12 PM
Gold Member

You chaps type too fast for me. I am still thinking about twoor more posts behind you. And I use two fingers, one to type, the other........(Sorry). and Not on a phone. laptop.