Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum

Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon16 View Post
I may actually be of some use here.
I have some experience of wigs.
The ones I received with Pixi are much smaller head size than I've encountered before. They are certainly too small to fit me....and I have tried.
I haven't even tried any of mine on Pixi but I'm pretty sure they'd fall off.
I've had a fair few wigs from Ebay and other sources and prices vary enormously for identical products.
Better quality ones are available though, I have no experience of those but expect to pay a lot more.

S xx
Yep, price wise, looking through Amazon, there seem to be 30 - 40 jobs......then it jumps to 150 +.
I'm sure the wig that comes with the doll will be ok after some work, but for Natasha, with that stuningly elegant look, I may invest/try a 40 job for a classy blonde one, and see what I get.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:37 AM
Bronze Member

If you want classy go for a human hair wig but expect to pay upwards of 500!
All the others are pretty much the same Kanekalon??? fibre. and it seems price has little to do with quality.

S xx
Old 06-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrock View Post

I'm kinda concerned about myself here, every time I look at the pics of her, I genuinely struggle to then get on with whatever I was doing, I find that look completely captivating.
I'm aware she has been made over for the shoot, but that is the look I will always be aiming for.......though probably without the wings
A couple of hours with me and she'll be better off with little horns and a red complexion!!!
No need to be concerned, it makes perfect sense to me as she's gorgeous ! Hopefully not too much longer to wait now!
Old 06-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Silver Member

Default Wigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I find the best fit are the ones that come with the doll. I got a couple off amazon and they are slightly bigger but still look good on her.
My experience too. Advice I received from this Forum was to go for medium cap size. I've bought three (Amazon/eBay) and the medium cap one fits the best. Sophie has a larger head than Patsy, so the wigs fit a bit better.

Human vs synthetic? All mine are synthetic (cheaper) - you should get a reasonable one for 20 - 30 on Amazon, maybe cheaper (and of course you can pay more). Human are quite a bit more of course. You pays your money...
Old 07-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Silver Member

2 Weeks exactly since I ordered Natasha, and SSW's Andy has no information other than she's still shipping.... Does this sound about right? Or am I just to excited for my own good?
Old 07-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
2 Weeks exactly since I ordered Natasha, and SSW's Andy has no information other than she's still shipping.... Does this sound about right? Or am I just to excited for my own good?
I'd say it sounds about right. I ordered mine from SSW back in May. From ordering she took 2 weeks to arrive. 5 days of that was production.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
no worries.

1) unless they have one that was already on the peg and ready to ship they will be in manufacture for circa 5 days.

2) When they have been made, photo's taken , and boxed they may still be several days from sending as the girls are batched up for transfer to the airport.

3) They go through customs more than once. Quite a lot of the girls go via Hong Kong. They will be checked by customs pre bording.

4) Once approved they may go Hong Kong to Leipzig (or similar) before travelling the rest of the way. Sometime by another plane, sometimes by road.

5) They are checked by UK customs. There may be a backlog. More so generally at Gatwick than East Mids.

6) Once cleared they are transferred to the distribution centre where the logistics company takes over.

7) Logistics company gets her to you.

Minimum time from order to delivery would be around 7 days if she is already made, hanging on a peg, travel to the aaitrport is same day and everything runs like clockwork.

Generally expect 21 to 35 days, the latter being where she hits bottlenecks, where she moves from production just after the airport bus (ok, lorry) has left, etc.

During the period from leaving the factory to turning up somewhere in Europe there is often very little information available to vendors. If they are lucky they may get something from the first logistics company to say that they are in Hong Kong.

Trust me that 14 days to your door would be only in exceptional circumstances and as things stand there's really nothing to worry about yet.

All the best matey,

Shamus.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Seth, thats reassuring. Ok, how much notice did you get for delivery, as 2 1/2 weeks would place delivery around friday / sat which seems unlikely, or does it?
Old 07-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
...which seems unlikely, or does it?
Relax sir, you are forgetting to breathe...
Old 07-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Silver Member

What is this strange "Breathe" thing you speak of?