UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)

Old 30-03-2022, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Oh dear... more stolen photos......

Someone hand Shamus a paper bag.......breathe big guy, breathe....
Lol Mr K. You know me so well

Unfortunately reading the thread the trigger has already been pulled so its damage limitation mode rather than slapping people accross the knuckles when they go near their keyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Love View Post
I was pleasantly surprised at just how attractive she was in the flesh or silicone I suppose is more accurate.
Hiya Ava,

we can generally save people before they press the buy button. However, the above indicates that she's already there and you are happy with her. So, not going to go into my normal diatribe.

The key is that you are happy with her. Nothing else matters.

Largely our warnings are aimed at saving peoploe from a 100cm doll and the police turning up, or nothing turning up on your doorstep at all. But you received a girl in good time who ticks all of your boxes so not looking here to be bursting any bubbles.

Some clones are really good but its alway a lottery as to what you will receive both in terms of looks and quality of materials. Fingers crossed you are a winner.

The girl in the pics on that site is a tan skin tone WM 157B body with WM head #162, WM wig #16. Images were taken by Mandos.

Just to say that there is no trickery in Mandos's pics. He uses a great camera and lighting settup but the images produced are an actual representation of the girl not how clever some photographers are at using Photoshop.

He's obviously applied some different lippy and a bit of lip balm over the top of it for that pic but otherwise the makeup is as that girl would reach you from Jinsan (WM).

Have a look at Tommo's Ginger on the site and thats what she looks like in the real world (just search Ginger and you will find her).

The material is TPE not silicone. Thats not a bad thing. All of my girls are TPE.

Worth knowing, her head connector will be an M16 so if you wanted in the future you could replace the head with another of your choice. Heads are generally around £300 but you can also often find good heads in the for sale section here for under £150. Thats nothing against your girl who we've not seen yet. I've certainly got twice as many heads as bodies although trying to rectify that (by getting more bodies, not losing heads, lol).

Do you have a name for her yet?
Old 30-03-2022, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
The picture you have is a wm 157b with 162 head.
And whilst I was writing war and peace....

Beat me to it matey.
Old 30-03-2022, 10:35 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Cheers fellas.

Suppose I really should've done more research but the process has been painless. I was shopping at that end of the market mainly because I could afford to lose that kind of money should I not get along with this type of thing, I could never have spent another grand. At least first time around.

I'll search out the suggested threads later, thanks for the pointers. Is this the same doll as the photos, well I suspect not but she's a lovely looking thing with flaming and flowing locks and deep brown eyes. I think I shall call her Elidgh(Ellie in English spelling or at least the closest approximation.)

Initial thoughts are her hands and feet feel very cheap and delicate but I suppose those are always going to be the hardest part to sort out.

Anyway, thanks again. Do you have to use an outside host to place photos on here or can you upload directly from your phone?

Cheers.
Old 30-03-2022, 11:29 AM
Silver Member

i use ibb.co to host my photos, but resize them to 720px long side, so they don't fill the screen

there are help posts about how to add photos, but simply copy the link given by ibb, then when writing a post, click the "insert image" button above the text box, this opens a small box, copy the link there and you should be ok, preview to check, then post

Old 30-03-2022, 11:32 AM
The Shoe Shrine

https://imgbb.com/

You can multi upload photos. When you get to the next page select do not delete. Then on the next page choose BBcode Medium Linked. Then tap copy and then paste in to the post box on here.
Old 30-03-2022, 11:46 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Lol Mr K. You know me so well

Unfortunately reading the thread the trigger has already been pulled
I missed that completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
The key is that you are happy with her. Nothing else matters.
And this is the truest statement of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Love View Post
Cheers fellas.

... Is this the same doll as the photos, well I suspect not but she's a lovely looking thing with flaming and flowing locks and deep brown eyes. I think I shall call her Elidgh(Ellie in English spelling or at least the closest approximation.)

Initial thoughts are her hands and feet feel very cheap and delicate but I suppose those are always going to be the hardest part to sort out.

Cheers.
And is seems you have a girl you are falling for so, as Shamus says, thats all that matters!

The hands and feet are delicate, even on more expensive girls, more so on some of the very expensive girls. a pair of socks or some ankle stockings will protect them in bed or when she's not actively scratching her bum

Looking forward to pics

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 30-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

Don't know how Karrot could forget to link the thread of his dear Maddie's protection advice

well worth viewing

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ght=protection

Old 30-03-2022, 01:21 PM
Gold Member

I'm sitting here wondering whether there are rules about selling products using images of a different product. If there are then who enforces them?

It seems to me that there are a lot of ghetto doll vendors selling inferior products by using images of good brands.

Likewise there are plenty of Amazon retailers selling shitty quality Chinese made clothing using images of completely different, good quality garments.

I have to assume this isn't legal. If it was someone selling a VW using pictures of a Mercedes that'd be shut down right away. It seems like this shouldn't be any different, but I guess there are so many scammers out there that playing whack-a-mole would just be a waste of time and money.
Old 30-03-2022, 01:24 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post
I'm sitting here wondering whether there are rules about selling products using images of a different product. If there are then who enforces them?

It seems to me that there are a lot of ghetto doll vendors selling inferior products by using images of good brands.

Likewise there are plenty of Amazon retailers selling shitty quality Chinese made clothing using images of completely different, good quality garments.

I have to assume this isn't legal. If it was someone selling a VW using pictures of a Mercedes that'd be shut down right away. It seems like this shouldn't be any different, but I guess there are so many scammers out there that playing whack-a-mole would just be a waste of time and money.
I agree but there doesn't seem to be anyone regulating this sort of thing. A while back I bought a few garments from a company on "Wish" and when they turned up they were absolute rubbish and nothing like the photos. I demanded a refund and on this occasion, they said "keep the items and we'll give you 70% of your money back" which was fine with me as 4 items only cost about £10 to begin with, but even so - they're ripping people off left right and centre

Old 30-03-2022, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post

Mandos takes such companies to court for infringement of his copyright.

Problem is that he will only ever catch those that are trying to be honest and attempting to be legitimate businesses.

In the case of our freinds in Oxford I don't think that it was really their fault initially as the clone manufacturer was supplying Mandos's pics as their own marketing materials! They just took way to long to change the images once we had told them what they were doing wrong.

With the fly by nights I think that the problem half of the time is trying to track down who is placing the ads as so many of these "businesses" are hidden behind PO boxes (#1) or addresses that have no idea that there is even a business being run from their premises!

Remember last year (might have been a couple of years ago, I lose track of time!) there was a clone shifter on here where the cheeky bugger was actually using Phils (The Doll House) business address!

On the clothing front I got caught out again recently. On a percentage basis I reccon that I'm still winning but just occassionally when buying the girls cosplay stuff I get something that is real shit.

This is what I thought that I was buying:

There is no way that what turned up is made of the same material. In reality its more like a really really thin version of what Adidas sports bags used to be made out of in the 1970's. and the lace ups are bits of ribbon.

Then again. bought these and they they are absolutely perfect (so impressed I bought the Elves another couple of pairs)

So I figure swings and roundabouts when buying from China. Some you win, some you lose.

On the bright side I intend to reverse engineer that failed purchase and remake it in a better material (Its real simple. everything laces together. There was very little actual sewing went into the design).

All the best,

Shamus.

#1 some of the legit one's are also hidden behind po boxes / business address services. Being a PO box alone doesn't mean they are bad.