UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

Default Looking for recommendations - eyeshadow

I have been browsing Amazon for make up and stuff! But after reading what seems to actually work it looks to me as though folk here use eyeshadow for almost everything!

For starters then I was thinking of getting some sort of eyeshadow set in a wide palette to serve for lip colouring and teeth whitening as well as blusher and eyeshadow, with a range of brushes and some clear lip gloss!

Does this make sense to the makeup artists here and do you have any particular products that you find work well with TPE.

Cheers,
Ogsby
Old 07-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Victoria Ash

If you can pop into somewhere like B&M bargains or similar, you will find some great sets, very cheap this time of year and they can be good for a start. I have a set of various reds / browns for my lips and nipples.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:45 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Aye, B&M and the local pound shop are just fine.

Just tell the girl they are from Harrods and she will make good use of them...

- - -
Old 07-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Banned

I use lipstick from Primark and a mix of artists brushes to get the lips right. Personally I have never used lip gloss so cannot comment.

For me the most important thing for getting lifelike appearance is a set of blushers. putting a rosey hue in her cheeks and toning down sharp colours around the lips and eyes with skin toned blusher makes all the difference.

You will note when looking around the site that people have different looks for their girls. It's not always obvious but when you see it you can see where a girl lives.

I commonly use dark grey eye shadow on the upper eyelid with light brown above that and dark brown under the eyes which gives something of a gothic look.

I also use eye shadow for teeth (used to use acrylic paint which looks better but lasts the blink of an eye before it cracks) and also use eye shadow as eye liner but have stopped using it for lips.

To prevent shine my appraoch is extra virgin oil to clean off old makeup then a cornflour base before going to work on them.

I work down the face, starting with the eyes, then cheeks, nose, lips and finally dust all over with pale blusher.

When you first start you will on more than one occassion have the frustration of making a great job then a bit of eye shadow

When doing around the eyes I find it easiest to remove the eyes first to prevent makeup getting on the eye ball. It also makes applying eye liner much easier.

You will need a set of good quality long handled pig bristle oil painting brushed. A set os relatively large sable water colour brushes and also a set of makeup brushes. For starters only the makeup brush set will be essential.

Whilst we're chatting. for the wig use the round brushes with tiny teeth (think that they call them ceramic brushes). Don't try to use a comb on anything but the very shortest wigs.

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

yep, just read the responses from the other usual suspects. Forgot to add, eye shadow sets and blusher sets all come from B&M / Home Bargains.

For your first time this time of year is great as people are buying sets as pressies so no worries bout standing looking at the womens makeup.

The lippy in those sets though is more like a set of crayons and a good reason to use eye shawow on the lips. If you can get to Primark for a selection of lippy's (they're 90p!) you won't regret it... And while you're there.... Clothes shopping (all those years being dragged around womens stores clothes shopping and now I actually do it willingly!).

Shamus.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Whilst we're chatting. for the wig use the round brushes with tiny teeth (think that they call them ceramic brushes). Don't try to use a comb on anything but the very shortest wigs.
The wigs, they'll need care too of course. I only have a couple of combs in the house.

I don't own an iron and ironing board either!

I've become a bit of a bachelor slob.

Ogsby
Old 07-11-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreysoulboy View Post
The wigs, they'll need care too of course. I only have a couple of combs in the house.

I don't own an iron and ironing board either!

I've become a bit of a bachelor slob.

Ogsby
Two words: Tangle Teezer
Old 07-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Two words: Tangle Teezer
Google think I've gone through a complete personality change in this last month or so

Ogsby
Old 07-11-2020, 06:04 PM
Gold Excellence Member

This is my gal's makeup kit. Basic eyeshadows. The 2 sets of colour eyeshadow are the same, just one box is slightly bigger than the other; easy to see which ones she uses the most. A small set of greys and black for her eyes: which she adds on top of a feathered brown layer. 2 brushes for blush. A set of makeup sponges on sticks, she prefers these over brushes because they are easier to control and makes blending simple. A set of 4 blushes, again, it's easy to see the one she uses the most. White eyeshadow for her teeth. And a pot of nude French nails with a couple of tubes of nail glue.
Anything like eyelashes and eyebrows are kept in her hair kit.
Her blusher, nails and eyes eyeshadow came from Poundland, everything else is from Amazon.

eco
Old 07-11-2020, 06:06 PM
Part of the Furniture

Cheap pressed powder makeup works fine

Tip to remember, TPE / Silicone grabs makeup, unlike real skin, so a lighter touch and dont overload the brush unless you want a heavy application.

A piece of kitchen towel on hand to initially brush off the make up before applying to your girl will make this easier.

Oh and.....

This is Kaia's and Xiaoli's pampering bag...

It does not include their hair accessories!!!!

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet