UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum. > Teddy Babe Maintenance and Modification - Sub-Forum

Old 07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

Sounds like you're running into the same problems I had, well not the broken joints part, but where the skeleton is poking through.

I had problems with Lisa's heel http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=10023

I list some of the tools I used on there and how I did it. Just take your time and you'll have it sorted, just don't RUSH, I made that mistake on Lisa's arm, I managed to rip some her skin, she wasn't happy.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Active New Member

I had those poking wires in the feet since nearly the beginning,just after a few days. It's not too bad,I regulary"massage" some of the stuffing around them but later on I plan to do some permanent solutions,somehow.
I got me a similar first aid kit ,maybe I should get some stuffing as spare too.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Diamond Member

Default Good luck

Hope all goes well and that she recovers ok.
Best thing about TB's is they are pretty robust and come up smiling with no after effects.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Golden Diamond Member

PM Reply sent, Ja.

Best of luck with the repairs, just take your time. Getting the seam to open up is probably the trickiest bit as they are machine sewn and very tight. Once you get a couple of stitches picked open, the rest follows very easily.

Follow any of the threads about finger replacements, the one you quoted from Revol is excellent.

Ladder stitch to close and make the stitches small and uniform, pulling them tight every few stitches. Running the cotton thread through a wax candle will make it a lot stronger too so less chance of snapping mid repair. With the ladder stitch done properly you wont see the stitches at all so thread colour is not critical, but a close match is handy.

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 10-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Active New Member

Thank you very much for the reply. The advice with the waxed thread sounds good.

I got everything together now, the surgery will have to wait a bit, though. Weekend's schedule is a bit tight these days.

Thanks everyone.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Just a final note for the stuffing.
If you do remove it, make sure you tease it out before you replace it, as it gets compacted in lumps over time.
I've seen dolls re-stuffed with new fill over old and it makes for a rather lumpy looking skin.

Pete.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Active New Member

Thank you for the advice. I will keep that in mind.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Bronze Member

ATB with the repair
Matt
Old 27-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Active New Member

Hi everyone.
Unfortunally not much process ,free time is rare at the moment. Still,I did some preparations last Saturday. I'm trying a different approach inspired by a post I found over at TDF.

In the 1. picture you can see the patient,obviously relieved that the operation has been postponed.

At 2. shows some of the tools,missing the Hotglue gun and the electrical wire,I planned to use some thinner wire at first,but changed my mind again.

The 3. shows what I came up with,I used 3mm sheet PVC I had left from an earlier project for the palm area. The long blue hose runs completly through the flexible tube nozzle,to make the links a bit more stiff. I plan to shove it over one of Pauleys arm wires up to the shoulders,I believe there are two in the arm. Will have to see if it will fit though. If it fits I will get another one for the second wire. That way,even if the arm wire eventually breaks,it will prevent it from poking through.

Last picture shows the new fingerbones, they are made with cooper wire,sleeved by the same kind of hose as the arm. They aren't cut to length yet and I will still have to think about how to attach them to the palm. Diameter of the hose is around 6mm, there should be enough room left for stuffing the fingers.
I don't know how it will work out in the end,if at all. But I hope for the best,as always
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120513_012328.jpg (58.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120513_012629.jpg (67.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120513_034237.jpg (46.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120515_084043.jpg (60.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 27-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Diamond Member

Default Good luck.

Really like that "hand" you have made. hope all goes well.
Kat and Julie send their love.