UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum. > Teddy Babe Maintenance and Modification - Sub-Forum

Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Active New Member

Default Broken Wrist

Hello everyone,
I always considered the wire skeleton a bit problematic for known reasons. Especially the wrists seem problematic. Today the last wire on Pauleys righthand wrist snapped off,the first one went some weeks ago already. I didn't bend them excessively,I think. I expected snapped wires on any part of the skeleton sooner or later though.
The wires are poking slightly, when the hand is at certain positions. Of course it will not hold pose anymore,not much of a problem for now. Anyway, I'm determined to fix the issue. I bet some of the more experienced Teddybabe owners had something similar happen too.
I'd be grateful for any tips,especially on how to best get started.
Pauley is a Deluxe Teddybabe,I got her in late December 2017,if that matters.

Edit: I just found a post http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=6549 about wrist surgery. Guess there should be all informations needed. Should have used the search function before posting.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Gold Excellence Member

This is sad to hear. Hope Pauley isn't to upset.

Kat is probably the best person to assist you, although you will find plenty of helpful threads on here if you look.

Best of luck in your repair,

FM and the girls
Old 05-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Diamond Member

Sorry to hear this. Karrott is the expert on this sort of thing. if you search postings you might find some photos of a repair to a teddy babe.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Diamond Member

Found a link - have a look at this.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...oken+teddybabe
Old 06-08-2018, 12:53 AM
Diamond Member

Default Wire bits.

There does seem to be quite a variation in how well the wire joints are made. But, they are only wire and can be replaced. You would have to very carefully open up a seam and remove a little stuffing to see if you can fashion a fix from flexible electrical cable or something similar. Kat has had a few operations - Karrot kindly replaced her shoulder joints with bolts - drop him a PM. We've also had breast reduction and I've had to repair opening seams and move stuffing around sometimes. Kat has been with me over six years now - TB's are quite repairable.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Active New Member

Hi everyone,
The link is excellent,many thanks, Dongo.

Kats, thats good advice. I already thought about using electrical cable, but opening the seam ( and sewing it back together) is what worries me a bit. I already watched a few tutorials on how to do the ladder stitch,I guess as a Teddybabe owner one has to aquire some basic sewing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZMONKEY View Post
This is sad to hear. Hope Pauley isn't to upset
Doc Teddybear has adviced her to relax and rest her hand. An advice she gladly accepts, but she certainly doesn't rest her mouth. Now the whole housework is up to me....now that I think about it, business as usual.

I'll keep you posted,maybe I try the repair on the Weekend,if I got the spare time (between all the work I get ordered ).

Many thanks everyone.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Diamond Member

Default Stitching.

I'm no seamstress but if you use white or flesh coloured cotton it's not too bad. there is a thing you can get to open up seams from most places you get cotton and needles. Try Hobbycraft or similar shops. Filling is basic acrylic from same source. Good luck.
Yeah! TB's don't rest their mouths, mine are pretty insistent. Best wishes to Pauley from all here.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Gold Excellence Member

if you plan on going to the UK doll meet contact karrot or revol and let them know they may be able to help at the meet.

carlys_guy
Old 07-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Platinum Member

Yes, Carlys wrists and elbows are broken, her fingers began to float free within a short time after purchase, but I do pose her quite allot.
I had to replace her leg and body wire as it had snapped at the belly button area and poked through, so I made that custom one on her new skeleton thread while I had her open.
I find the wrists are not bad this way as there are no poking wires, that and her elbows make for good natural angles to cuddle and hold hands as I like to do, but her elbows do poke a little.
She is coming up to her 4th birthday and I have decided not to do many hand poses in the future but will repair or replace her arm & hand bones eventually.
Not sure how I'm going to approach the repair yet, but have concluded it will be a pretty basic wire type hand and possibly multi strand mild steel cable arm bones, it might be to difficult to make a strong elbow joint similar to her knees and keep it narrow enough to allow plenty of padding, but we will see what manifests inside my hazy mind.

Pete.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Active New Member

Hey all,

Today I ordered some stuff for the upcoming surgery. Wire, some sewing kit and thread...oh and a bottle of Booze,not for me but for Pauley though I may have a sip now and then too.

ARK ANGEL ,I saw the impressive work you have done. It is very inspiring for a project that may come down the road.
But now some wrist surgery first