UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum.

Old 23-05-2020, 06:39 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Anung, that's an extremely helpful post

I might have ordered my new JY with the hinged neck if I'd known it was an option, and buying through Paul plus communicating with Sam at JY, I know I'd have got what I requested.

At least the JY gooseneck is heavier duty and so far I've had no problems with Sophie's
Old 24-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Gold Member

Hello all!

Right, well, I have owned a total of 5 dolls, a rifrano (Sorry Jenna, but......just NO!)........no idea what neck she had, more than likely gooseneck.
I briefly looked after a lovely Irontec....again, no idea. Though she was a prototype, so may well of had hinged.
A Kimber doll, beautiful, but again, probably gooseneck.

The JY TAG TEAM, Lucy, Natasha and Suzy have gooseneck.

I remember before ordering my first JY reading about the debate between gooseneck and hinge, but at my price point I was going to get what I got, my priority was lovely big boobs (ironically, I've never been a boob man.......but decided to get as much TPE for my money as pos lol), then looks (JY do some stunning heads!), and TPE standard.

Till I read this thread, I have to admit, I had totally forgotton about the neck thing. I have zero complaints. I get the occasional creak, but nothing that bothers me, and yes, they have a little "springback" when posing, but again, I kinda just accepted that as part and parcel.
Admittedly, I don't have a hinged neck lady to compare too, but for me.........I don't think a better articulated neck would ever become a "deal-maker or breaker" for me..........maybe I'm just too easily pleased.

I do like the helpful hint regarding a little baby oil to help........it must be said......my ladies do LOVE the baby oil
Old 24-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Bronze Member

About baby oil on the goose neck.
As far as I know you should use vaseline, not baby oil to get rid of the cracking noise of the goose neck.
Here is a post on TDF (public viewable) from Indigo20 about it: https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi...988616#p988616
I never tried it, so I don't know if it works or harms the neck long term.