UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)

Old 21-05-2014, 11:49 PM

Default Sorry hips again

As mentioned before the much loved Natasha is ina bit of a sorry state, now in the worst possible way have her inner workings exposed.

Have looked at the posts reguarding 'fixing' her hip joints and while I have access to a lathe and average engineering skills there is no way I can reproduce the joints that Dolly was lucky enough to get, and sorry Abyss (even UK now that is a possibilty) but paying 300-500 quid for something that will fail again doesn't appeal.

Repair is the medium option, counter drilling the white 4 screw upper bracket and putting locktight and decent screws looks reasonable along with replacing the lower bolts with newer/decent bolts and nuts would seem the route to go, anyone tried or had experience with that approach?

Would dearly love to repair her and have her back on the site, many wigs and outfits on standby and hate letting you peeps and Sam down by her absence!
Old 22-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Silver Member

If you need hip repair advice you can check this thread. http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/in...p?topic=3259.0
Old 31-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Hence my previous post, have viewed that many times and cannot replicate those hip joints with what I have to hand, nice set of custom hand turned upgraded stainless joints would be great but don't have the skill to make them! Have viewed other posts/sites where people have repaired the existing joints by counter drilling and re-inforcing the original parts.
Old 31-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Try offering monetary incentive to those who've already done it, those with engineering talent may be happy to buy new clothes ect for their girls with cash from a job on the side.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM

Hello Lttalbay, for about $500.00 Canadian (that includes shipping)
and if you can give me about 4 to 6 weeks manufacture time, I'd be able to make up a set for you.
The reason I need some time to make them is I don't have a big production shop, they take a fair bit of time to make up and I don't intend to make a business of making them, so I can't keep them on the shelf.

I have been given permission to make the Mechwizard hips which is what you see in Incred's repair link. The only difference between min and Mechwizard's is I make the outer parts in aluminum, still strong enough, and I still make the center pin out of high strength Stainless steel.

These are a set I recently made up for someone else:

I have also made them up to fix my doll a few years ago:
http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/in...p?topic=3433.0

If you would like for me to go ahead and make up a set please reply or send me a PM.

Last edited by CJD; 02-06-2014 at 04:40 PM.