UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Active New Member

Send a message via AIM to colin1325
Default re shipping from usa

hello looking to buy my first doll
can one purchase safely from usa
is it cheaper
are vat inport duties paid or are u liable wen u receive ?////../cheers

colin
Old 09-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Banned

Yes, you would need to add import duties to the purchase. I believe 28% although I could be wrong on that. Not kept up to date with it for a while.

Why buy from the US? The girl would still actually arrive from China.

Believe it or not, UK vendors are the best option as they are also there to ensure that things are resolved if what turns up is damaged or not what you ordered or the delivery company tries to play silly buggers or border force decide that your 5 foot 32kg girl with double D cups is childlike.

Trust me, you don't want the hassel and worry. Buy from one of those that I suggested and you will sleep better.

Last edited by shamus; 09-03-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:03 PM
Part of the Furniture

^^ This! ^^

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 09-03-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Yes, you would need to add import duties to the purchase....
Be afraid !
I bought a DVD from USA ($12) but with import duty, Vat, charge that postie wanted for collecting the Tax Man's dosh it was closer to $45.
Not such a bargain.

Choose the path of least resistance.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:14 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathen View Post
Be afraid !
I bought a DVD from USA ($12) but with import duty, Vat, charge that postie wanted for collecting the Tax Man's dosh it was closer to $45.
Not such a bargain.

Choose the path of least resistance.
That worked out to be an expensive movie!

Old 09-03-2023, 06:14 PM
Lurking In The Shadows Of Time...

A few years back i purchased a Mechadoll (Direct from the from themanufacturer) in USA .

She was around £3500 once she got to UK customs i had to pay almost £600 in taxes to the Uk goverment so that i could have this doll in my home.

So yes if its a doll shipped from the USD then you will be hit with import charges.

If she is sent from China "most" vendors include the tax in the price of the doll..

Samurai..

Last edited by Samurai; 09-03-2023 at 06:43 PM.
Old 16-07-2023, 11:56 PM
Active New Member

Default Realdoll

I ordered a Realdoll from the USA direct from Real Doll and yes, i got stung with the import duty.

It was an expensive experience, purchase from a UK seller if possible, it will save you some money.
Old 17-07-2023, 10:19 AM
Bronze Member

I wholeheartedly second the above ! Any USA supplier will almost certainly be drop shipping from Asia.- I have bought various tools and equipment from Asia. The price you pay to the supplier is usually quoted as "FOB" (Free On Board) which sounds good but in reality means you are responsible for all costs once the ship docks in UK. Typically as a rough guide the FOB price is about 30% of the price of a European supplier but by the time your prized item has arrived on your doorstep the actual cost is around 60% of a European alternative. Factor in all the paperwork, a potential quality or warrantee / guarantee issue and the price is fast approaching a figure where there is no advantage. all this is without the potential problems with dolls/Border Force etc!

Having learnt the above the hard way I decided never to import a doll so I have bought a few from Lucid where the value for money ratio is virtually unbeatable- OK you don't get bespoke options as such.... Aside from the usual DPD / delivery hiccup they have been fine. As I get more interested and looking at more custom options I think my next one will most likely be from the Doll House or if not will be the other two UK suppliers.
Old 17-07-2023, 10:36 AM
Bronze Member

I purchased something from the USA once - a simple electronic component, which the vendor made out was something specific that I couldn't find in the UK. When it arrived not only did it turn out to be something I could have easily sourced here but it was also about 4x more expensive.

US vendors don't appear to have the same high standards of product descriptions as we have here (I'm probably not allowed to use the L word but the facts had definitely been given a VERY vigorous massage); they also have different rules regarding dolls so if you're not EXTREMELY careful you could find yourself paying well over the odds and with a pile of extra additional charges and legal liabilities that you could well do without, and while giving up all the consumer protection you have with local transactions.

What exactly are you intending to buy from where? If your link gets removed, DM it to me.

Edit: Assuming (based on what forum we're in) it's a RealDoll, those are now available from Cloud Climax, and if the USA prices are substantially lower than theirs, that's because the USA price doesn't include import duties and VAT.
Old 17-07-2023, 04:02 PM

Aren't 'Silicone Lovers' US based?
I'm thinking of purchasing from them and have wondered if they have additional import fees? Any experience anyone?

BG