UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Anatomicaldoll Doll Forum.(G)

Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 PM

Thumbs up The first 2 weeks with Yalena

It’s been 2 weeks now since Yalena set foot in the dennot household, so I thought you might like to know how we’re getting on.

She arrived in her crate, which is a new smaller type being used by AD. Weight is around 60 kgs, but there’s a handle fitted on each end, so it can be moved about on your own. Unscrew and take away the top and there’s a sheet of polythene stapled to the rim of the crate. Remove this and all is revealed!

Everything is a bit of a squeeze inside and poor Yalena had to travel with her neck in an awkward position. The doll is held in the crate onto a bracket by her rear neck bolt, so undoing the nut sets her free. I had the crate upright and it took quite a while to get her out, being very careful not to cause any damage. Once free, you then have 30 odd kgs in your arms! Luckily I had placed a chair nearby to sit her on.

So the first thing you learn is that she’s heavy. Second is that she is perfectly formed and is absolutely gorgeous – and full size (I’ll review her ‘vitals’ with photos in another thread later). So after satisfying the urge to get a quick ‘feel for the situation’, it was time for a short rest and a cup of tea and then make her feel at home.

Unlike Pink Lady’s reutilisation of the packing crate to act as her storage space, the new crate is too small for that. So an old wardrobe is undergoing plans for conversion and the crate will have to go into the shed. So at the moment, she’ll just have to sit on a chair or the spare bed (with plenty of soft cushions) where I can keep a good eye on her.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 PM

My main reason for giving a home to Yalena, was to build up a photographic relationship. Initially, you find that her movements are restricted and in some instances, can’t hold a pose (raise her arm above her head and it comes straight back down). But all other joints are fairly stiff and hold position very well. The neck joint is a little loose at the moment, so tilting her head downwards isn’t an option.

The skin is firm, but quite realistic. I was worried it might be too soft having seen some videos, but elasticated clothing sits nicely without digging in. As the name suggests, she is anatomically correct, although fingers and toes are not 100%.

At first there were a lot of problems with stray hairs from the wig sticking to the skin. She also came in a glittery printed tee shirt, so there were sparkly dots and black spots all over. An evening with the soap suds and a talc down has worked wonders. The hand travels over the skin much more easily now and the talc has matted the surface quite realistically. I think another bath session soon is in order, for mutual benefit!

The day she arrived she was very cold, but after a short while under the electric blanket, the difference was quite marked. A warm doll is a totally different experience.

So am I happy I hear you ask? At the outset it seemed a lot of money to splash out, but at the moment I think she is worth every dollar! I hadn’t met a top end silicon doll face to face before and after such a long wait for Yalena to arrive, I had plenty of preconceptions. I’m just doing trial photography at the moment, not worrying too much about lighting and backgrounds – I need to develop the human/doll relationship first. It’s also far better taking photos as and when I want, which is difficult with a real model.

So here’s a shot that’s I think is one of the best so far...... enjoy!

Watch out for the regular picture postings and update reports......
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Silver Member

I had to visit and see her albums,
and I really look forward to see more photos

Yalena is a real stunner

MrGrey

Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Lurking In The Shadows Of Time...

You can say that again (drool)
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss, superb, an.......... oooooooooooh whats the ring, quiet exit towards the door

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Gold Excellence Member

More pics! More pics!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Nice review and pics, thanks dennot. Yalena looks stunning and seems to be setteling in very well.

A very slight word of warning. All dolls are different, especially different makes, but be very careful if you do raise her arms above her head, Realdoll suggest you don't try this. AD may be totally different, I don't know, but I'd just be a little cautious about doing this.

I'm looking forward to the set of Yalena's pictures.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the comments guys - just for that you can have a few more pix.

Sorry JayJay, I should have said raising her arm high (not above her head) - once you get to the horizontal, there is a lot of resistance from the silicon. It does make dressing in tee shirts a bit of a tricky manoeuvre. It also helps to put a sock over the hands when setting up a pose - the fingers move very easily and take up some very funny positions, so the hands are always the last thing to set up.

Back to the pix then. The first two are taken with Cokin soft focus filters and natural light with a white reflector board to the right (and for you photophiles out there, a short telephoto setting to help compress and flatten the features)......

... and a shot without any filter, on camera flash (for more harshness) and a wider angle focal length lens setting....

See what I can cook up for you over the weekend - all I can tell you is that it involves a step ladder!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I see what you mean now, about the arms, dennot, you have it spot on, if you get to horizontal then that should be perfectly ok.

Thanks for the pics, I love them. I love them all but definitely/maybe the first one is the stand out, great expression and the eyes are so real, I love those eyes.

Looking forward to whatever involves a ladder!?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Silver Member

What a Beautiful Doll !

AD's are awesome.

Great pic's... Keep them coming !