UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)

Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 PM

This has turned into quite a worrying thread! But I very much appreciate the advice!

I have already messaged the seller to name the contents as "second hand mannequin" which I think is a pretty accurate description of what it is. Regarding the value, I think 1750 US Dollars should be an adequate figure for a second hand mannequin. (I hope)

If they did decide to check the contents then they would find exactly what it says on the box.

My excitement is now mixed with a little worry...!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Now that I am paranoid of customs possibly wanting proof of purchase I have decided that it best be declared at the exact price I paid for it. I wouldn't mind saving a few quid on duty but when I think about the potential consequences I dont think its worth it.

Here's what I requested the seller to do;

I have listened to some more advice regarding undervaluing the contents and the consequences of such. I don't want to undervalue it anymore. Please could you put on the paperwork exactly what I paid for it so that if I am asked to provide evidence of payment then I can.

I want Mattie's journey to be as hassle free as possible.

I also heard that it is a good idea to have a little cardboard inspection hatch on the side of the crate where they can look in to see part of the mannequin if they want to confirm the contents. Would this be possible for you to do as I would hate for them to have to open it up completely and who knows what questions they might want to ask.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2014, 11:00 PM

So with the correct description of contents and the correct value declared which can be proven then I should hope there will be no problems??? Am I right?
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1984 View Post
Now that I am paranoid of customs possibly wanting proof of purchase I have decided that it best be declared at the exact price I paid for it. I wouldn't mind saving a few quid on duty but when I think about the potential consequences I dont think its worth it.

Here's what I requested the seller to do;

I have listened to some more advice regarding undervaluing the contents and the consequences of such. I don't want to undervalue it anymore. Please could you put on the paperwork exactly what I paid for it so that if I am asked to provide evidence of payment then I can.

I want Mattie's journey to be as hassle free as possible.

I also heard that it is a good idea to have a little cardboard inspection hatch on the side of the crate where they can look in to see part of the mannequin if they want to confirm the contents. Would this be possible for you to do as I would hate for them to have to open it up completely and who knows what questions they might want to ask.

Thanks
Given what you've said above you should be fine David.

I would not advocate an inspection hatch in the realdoll crates though. They are very substantial crates, much bigger than the Eastern manufacturers use. The dolls are fastened inside by their neckbolt and various padded areas.

This is a pic from one of Gibbmodoll's albums of a RealDoll in her crate.

and another (most of the foam padding has been removed from these boxes).

These are sturdy wooden boxes with considerable foam padding around the doll. Even with a lighter RealDoll they will be a two man lift.

If your seller packs the doll as he received her and clearly marks the box 'fragile' and 'this end up' you should be fine. Even if customs do open the box she should be well secured in her foam padding. You really don't want someone feeling around blindly in a box containing a silicone doll, finger nails can easily cause rips and tears.

I have had the pleasure of seeing these dolls, and the third, in their crates close up, they were spectacular.

I'm sure everything will be fine, there are a lot of folks here wishing you well on this and looking forward to seeing your doll's home coming photographs.

CT

Old 10-06-2014, 11:57 PM

I've just emailed the seller to forget about the inspection hatch idea! I feel alot better now that everything is going to be done legitimately. Has anyone any idea what the approximate customs charges would end up at on a doll that costed me $3525 incl shipping?

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their advice
Old 10-06-2014, 11:58 PM

Thank you for the pictures of the crate cyberted! It gives me a good idea what to expect!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Legendary Member

At worst you may be looking at about another £550.

It could be considerably less than this but should not be more.

CT

Old 11-06-2014, 12:08 AM

well that's actually a bit of a relief! How does the customs charges normally occur? Do they bring the crate to my door and then issue me with a bill?? Or do they call at my door first and once I have paid they will deliver?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Golden Diamond Member

i got a letter from customs saying shed arrived. went and paid customs asked at depot if they could deliver that day as id taken day off work. they complied, drivers helped with crate so i gave them a tip. very happy.

Pris in crate with packing removed.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 AM

That sounds pretty straight forward. You have one very nice looking shed, very nice indeed! Can't wait to get my shed now!