UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

Default Broken finger advice pls!

Just noticed 1 of Annabelles fingers has gone floppy left hand second finger in from pinky its not pushing through skin but floppy like its snapped at handplate can it be fixed or would i be better off leaving it? Its a 2018 Wm skel please advise thanks Silver
Old 04-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

Hi Silver

Quite 'normal' (sadly) for WM dolls.

I'd leave it for now. Wait until the others follow suit or you'll be hacking around every week rather like painting the Humber Bridge.

Just be ultra careful that the snapped part doesn't poke through the hand. You can try to manipulate/bend the broken part to reduce the chance of it happening.

When my 3D printer comes (xmas), I will be looking into alternative finger 'bones' using various strength plastics. I have a plan or two, but only pipe dreams until I get my hands on the goods and completed some significant lengthy experimentation.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Thanks algae but hopefully she will be sold by the time you make plastic fingers, going to put ad up soon as i only want me irontechs and a ds sometime in summer
Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox71 View Post
Thanks algae but hopefully she will be sold by the time you make plastic fingers, going to put ad up soon as i only want me irontechs and a ds sometime in summer
Hi SF,

as AH states, unless its causing issue, leave it for now.

one issue that you may get (and why Tiffany had to lose all of her finger wires) is that sometimes a break of a bent wire will cause the wire to find exit through the palm of the hand rather than the end of the finger. f that happens it can tear the palm to shreds and needs more urgent remedial action.

I operated on Yvettes hand not long ago which luckily was a simple reattachment of the wires which after four years had all severed at the wrist. You will find that once one goes the others will fall like dominoes.

Amongst many other threads on here you may find my description of reattaching the wires here http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...andages&page=2 useful. I know that the thread was for the temporary hand bandage fix but thought best to add the eventual sollution to that thread.

It seems I fear that learning how to fix the wrists on our girls is a right of passage in TPE doll ownership. Petrified me before doing it.

hope that helps.

Shamus.