UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum.

Old 16-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Diamond Member

Default Loved it.

Oh, this is lovely, I really enjoyed it. I don't think our ladies get enough opportunity to voice their feelings so maybe you have started something - Kat won't shut up as it is!
What a lovely person/elf Pip is! You fell in love with her in less than a day - I'm not surprised. Perhaps we will hear more from her?
Old 16-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kats012 View Post
Oh, this is lovely, I really enjoyed it. I don't think our ladies get enough opportunity to voice their feelings so maybe you have started something - Kat won't shut up as it is!
What a lovely person/elf Pip is! You fell in love with her in less than a day - I'm not surprised. Perhaps we will hear more from her?
I think that it would be an excellent idea to see more interviews like this (seperate thread for each one of course). For some the excercise of interviewing their girl may also help to understand them better.

Would be lovely to read an interview with Kat. Such as what music does she like? what films? More about her family and her thoughts about when she first moved in with you. I'm sure that she has so much to tell that Kate espechially is dieing to read.

You will certainly see and hear much more from Pip in the coming months (hopefully years). She is indeed very, very special... But it could of course just be the Faerie dust that she keeps sprinkling everywhere that makes me feel like that.

Last edited by shamus; 16-09-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 AM

The Lady Alvariel sends her greetings to Pip. I think she would like to braid her hair or something? I'm not sure if I understood her correctly. She has taken my pipe and is smoking weed like a Hobbit. I think it's good her parents can't see her now.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:43 PM

'' Elf's what ever next ... mind you I think I may suit some ears like that .. Teddy Babe Elf's '' Love Lisa Shufflebum xxx
Old 07-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Diamond Member

Default She won't shut up.

Yes! you might well be hearing from Lady Kat shortly, who keeps going on about her murky past and her aristocratic heritage. I like the idea of dolls speaking for themselves as it emphasises another side of ownership/relationship besides the physical - that of fantasy and emotional engagement.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kats012 View Post
Yes! you might well be hearing from Lady Kat shortly, who keeps going on about her murky past and her aristocratic heritage. I like the idea of dolls speaking for themselves as it emphasises another side of ownership/relationship besides the physical - that of fantasy and emotional engagement.
What do you mean fantasy. lol.

When you genuinely care for them as we do the stories I feel write themselves and we are just the observers and chronicalers of their lives.

I also like the way that sometimes we see things in pictures much later that we didn't notice at the time.

The classic on that one I feel was the expression on tommo's girl Manami's face of utter contempt when he first brought a DS doll into the house.... Whilst that one for me stands out little things liker that happen a lot on here making me feel that every girl here who is truly loved by the human that they live with has a story that they need us to help them tell.

I look forwards to reading all of them but especially to Kats story with its more aristocratic backdrop.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
...and we are just the observers and chroniclers of their lives...
...or our own subconscious minds, without realising it...?
Old 07-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Bronze Member

Absolutely charming interview...

I have a DS elf/pixie called Isadora and she has sticky out ears and I tried to explain to people the differences and River has explained it perfectly.

I found this little poem about pixie's which I thought you might like, it certainly explains a lot and is very pertinent to our little companions.

As you say theres elves ,fairies and pixies in our folklore, all are different.

They make the green grass greener where’er their footsteps fall,
The wildest hind in the forest comes at their call.
They steal from bolted linneys, they milk the cow at grass,
The maids are kissed a-milking, and no one hears them pass.
They flit from byre to stable and ride unbroken foals,
They seek out human lovers to win them souls.
The Pixies know no sorrow, the Pixies feel no fear,
They take no care for harvest or seedtime of the year;
Age lays no finger on them, the reaper time goes by
The Pixies, they who change not, nor grow old or die.
The Pixies though they love us, behold us pass away,
And are not sad for flowers they gathered yesterday,
To-day has crimson foxglove.
If purple hose-in-hose withered last night
To-morrow will have its rose.

Nora Chesson
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
...or our own subconscious minds, without realising it...?
I once wrote a book, unfortunately didn't finish it as my laptop at the time had a hard drive crash and I lost a couple of days of story. The way I wrote was that I would excitedly get on the train each day open the laptop eager for my fingers to tell me what happened next. The story did very much write itself.

When I lost two days story since the last backup I found that I was spending all of my time attempting to recreate what was lost and I never could. It was gone and a little peice of me with it.

The hard drive crashed just pulling out of London Euston. Several years later I read an interview with J.K. Rowling where she says that she was sat on a train just pulling out of Euston and the idea for Harry Potter came to her as an image as clear as reality of him walking down the carraige towards her... Was it the same train journey?... I'll never know but the knowledge that my story wrote itself and then a story found Miss Rowling does indeed make one wonder where the ideas come from.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentell View Post
Absolutely charming interview...

I have a DS elf/pixie called Isadora and she has sticky out ears and I tried to explain to people the differences and River has explained it perfectly.

I found this little poem about pixie's which I thought you might like, it certainly explains a lot and is very pertinent to our little companions.

As you say theres elves ,fairies and pixies in our folklore, all are different.

They make the green grass greener where’er their footsteps fall,
The wildest hind in the forest comes at their call.
They steal from bolted linneys, they milk the cow at grass,
The maids are kissed a-milking, and no one hears them pass.
They flit from byre to stable and ride unbroken foals,
They seek out human lovers to win them souls.
The Pixies know no sorrow, the Pixies feel no fear,
They take no care for harvest or seedtime of the year;
Age lays no finger on them, the reaper time goes by
The Pixies, they who change not, nor grow old or die.
The Pixies though they love us, behold us pass away,
And are not sad for flowers they gathered yesterday,
To-day has crimson foxglove.
If purple hose-in-hose withered last night
To-morrow will have its rose.

Nora Chesson
Hi Rentell,

yes, I've seen Isadora. Love the pic where she's at the bottom of the bannister,

Really nice poem. I've not read that one before. Thankyou

I grew up in the countryside miles from the closest other house. Most mornings we would take the dog (a golden retriever) across the fields which were old type fields with lots of hedgerows and gnarled old tree's.

One morning I actually saw a fairy circle. Never seen one again in my life.

I've read that the circles are supposedly caused by fungi where a growth in the centre sends out shoots forming an exact circle... Thats fine and dandy and I'm sure that it helps some people explain away the unexplainable.

The reality of actually standing next to one though is to look down at a perfectly round circle where the grass is all crushed down in the same direction with no tracks of any creature coming to or leaving the circle.

Certainly one can see where the old beliefs of faerie folk dancing in the moonlight come from when you find things like that.

Unfortunately now all of the hedgerows have made way for huge fields much more accomodating for farming but less so for children finding things like that and then spending their lives pondering what exactly it was that they saw.