UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vinyl and Latex Inflatable Doll Forum.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Diamond Member

Default Is the age of the blowup doll officially dead?

In considering changing my signature lines on here and TDF I was wondering if there is any point in my continuing to feature Domax inflatable ladies any more . . . ?

I'm about to send out my latex Miranda and a latex sister to a friend here but as no-one's asked me about a latex lady now for at least 6 months I'm really thinking that the age of the inflatable is dead. TPE ladies have crept in at a much more psychologically acceptable price level, to say nothing about Textile Dolls such as Signe here with Jensguy.

Meanwhile despite getting in a box of Cayenne Cleur and a Kimmi and making them available to members at cost, no-one's expressed any interest and I'm stuck with them taking up space . . .

Is the age of the inflatable well and truly dead?

Best wishes

Harem
Here's Chloé in Coverdoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Latex Poupées from http://www.domax.fr are a wonderful introduction to dolls and I pass on discounts to UK members
Old 01-06-2015, 07:27 PM

Yes most definitely so I reckon, as I've purchased several so called high end inflatables they don't seem to do the trick. There's more silicone ladies on offer now from around the globe at sensible prices.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

I think sales of inflatables will be a bit sporadic as most of us on here already have dolls and not too many buy inflatables when they have moved on to solids of one kind or another so if you're willing to give it time new members who want something cheaper to start off with could be your next customers.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
another so if you're willing to give it time new members who want something cheaper to start off with could be your next customers.
I'm not really looking for "customers" as I simply do it to try to help people and to encourage people to come to the forums rather than being ripped off on infamous sites. But perhaps five years ago inflatables were the way into having fun with a fantasy lady but increasingly I feel that the cheap solid dolls from China have taken centre stage. Perhaps they are capable of being better in some respects but nevertheless seem to have driven inflatababes into a corner.

However for anyone with a budget of £100 to £150 they represent an economical first doll without any issues of being hidden that people have to face with solid ladies.

Best wishes

Harem

Latex Poupées from http://www.domax.fr are a wonderful introduction to dolls and I pass on discounts to UK members
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
I'm not really looking for "customers" as I simply do it to try to help people and to encourage people to come to the forums rather than being ripped off on infamous sites.
'Customers' was a bad choice of word but I couldn't think of a more suitable one. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
However for anyone with a budget of £100 to £150 they represent an economical first doll without any issues of being hidden that people have to face with solid ladies.
Agreed, it worked for me as it did for some other members.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Diamond Member

A very difficult question to answer Harem.

For some, such as in his own experience as described by revoL, inflatables have and will continue to provide a relatively inexpensive way in to the world of dolls from which one might either move on to more elaborate and expensive dolls or perhaps decide that dolls are not for them. Alternatively, they could be the only option for those with storage or portability issues. For many years it was the only low cost option in to the 'hobby'.

For my own part, I had never considered that inflatables might give me this opportunity. I first discovered the existence of realistic love dolls through an article about Abyss/Realdoll in, if memory serves me correctly, the Sunday Times colour supplement. It was the intriguing photos of those products that stirred my interest and the rather clumsy likenesses of the average inflatable then available (at least those of which I was aware) did not seem to occupy the same universe and I was unable to make the association between the two types of product. The prices of Realdolls were out of my reach at the time and I did not consider any alternative.

It was not until much later when I became aware of the availability of Teddybabes and saw from their (as we are now aware, heavily photoshopped) marketing pictures that I could see a product available at a relatively reasonable cost which could provide (as I saw it before purchasing) a hint of realism in having the broad appearance of a human female form. It was only after purchasing a Teddybabe that I discovered and began to appreciate all their other many talents. They provided me with a springboard into this world and a place from which to seek the degree of realism which had been my original aim.

I think the problem with inflatables is probably that the product has developed as far as it can and will in most cases always be seen as a stop-gap, while other products have been developed which represent a much higher standard of realism still at relatively affordable cost, such as those you highlight. There will always be some for whom the inflatable doll provides a useful tentative first step into this world, but I feel the numbers of these is diminishing.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I think inflatables are still a good way to start and find out what it's like to live with a doll. I started with the horribly named Kimmi Lovecock with her lovely face and realistic body shape when dressed. With a new wig she looked great. I also had a French poupé but she was so full of pinholes I never did stop her deflating.

I think if you give it time your inflatables will sell, even the lower price of TPE will still seem high to many people at first.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Diamond Member

One important advantage of inflatables is that they warm up quickly . . . and if one inflates them in bed, they are already at body heat!

It might be that solid dolls are great in summer whilst inflatababes win the winter sports . . .

Best wishes

Harem

Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

I think some will always have the bucks party/frat boy appeal, because of the price and hide-ability, unfortunately not the most elegant existence for a product that can serve as much more, but for young guys with little money or girl prospects, they still provide an experience that has a thrill level, worthy of purchase, but often they have no way of discretely obtaining them, as was my issue when I was living with my parents 30+ years ago.
If more people were aware of the forum before they decide to actually look for a doll, I'm sure some would grab the chance of your offer.

Pete.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARK ANGEL View Post
If more people were aware of the forum before they decide to actually look for a doll, I'm sure some would grab the chance of your offer.
It's not really my offer that's greatly important but simply the health of the development of a hobby that can be really rather freeing to society.

For some years enthusiasm for inflatababes was declining but ghastly ones such as Perfect 10 and another hideosity gave the top end of inflatables a derogatory reputation and then there was a fire that destroyed the Nanma factory. This caused a reduction in the available models leaving good ones to be as rare as hen's teeth . . . and the startup of Diao Shi which were crude in comparison. The new NMC PDX range looked as though they would be an antidote to waning enthusiasm but their quality is by no means as good as Kimmi, Cayenne and the Domax latex option - and with declining demand I'm sure that the good ones will simply disappear before long.

Best wishes

Harem