UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > YL Doll Forum.

Old 14-08-2019, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlys_guy View Post
don't know much about how things work over there but would it help to get the press involved? get them reporting how inept the border farce is and all?

carlys_guy
Hi CG,

to my mind its the press that caused this with their hollier than though witch hunt against doll owners... Well, the press and the smut and sleaze TV channels.

I fear that getting them involves would be like trying to put out a fire with a can of petrol.

Good thought but I fear not in the UK I fear.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 14-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
To reiterate, 'childlike' remains legally undefined.

Not to mention the fact that it's not even silicone. Factually incorrect.

They really don't have a bloody clue.

Go get 'em Andy!
And that is the problem AH.

By definition a child is anyone under the age of 16.

Whilst certain dolls can be specifically said to be representing a child, unless the face of a doll is obviously that of a woman - as with the Irontech dolls - then it is open to the individual Border Force officer's interpretation for "teenage" looking dolls.

I've said this before in that the manufacturers themselves can help by following laws in place for the adult film industry.

If using models that are scanned to produce doll, then the manufacturers must keep full records of that model including age contact details and location.

Then, they can include in the documentation they have complied with this request so if challenged, they can produce the evidence to state the doll represents a model aged over 18.

On their part, the UK Border Force by law then has to release the doll if they check to verify the age of the model.

Yes it can be open to abuse, but that is where the law can also be enforced that the manufacturer, not the importer faces legal action, if only in a fine.

That then may actually open up the market for smaller, petit dolls that are clearly based upon adults and not those of school age to have concrete guidelines in place, and not ones based upon interpretation.
Old 14-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsurfie View Post
If using models that are scanned...
And that is the problem MS.

It's a big 'if' and given that any scans then exist in the virtual world, they can be edited in any case and probably would need to be for quality control reasons as a minimum.
Old 14-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

I'm sorry but this is getting silly now. to me this stinks of a border farce operator having a bad day or as has already been said having quotas to fill. I work in quality control and am guilty myself of being lazy and saying "that's probably ok" and on the other hand being in a bad mood and saying "that's unacceptable - rejected".

It can't be that hard to give ukbf a spec sheet that says minimum height, bust, waist and hip size.

I agree the heads are difficult to judge and are open to opinion so I can't really comment on that.

I feel especially sorry for Tommie but if I read correctly a 157b is on her way to him . Trust me you won't be disappointed.
And as all his customers know andyp is a legend for customer service. I'm sorry he has to go through this shambles whilst trying to provide an honest service.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
I'm sorry but this is getting silly now. to me this stinks of a border farce operator having a bad day or as has already been said having quotas to fill. I work in quality control and am guilty myself of being lazy and saying "that's probably ok" and on the other hand being in a bad mood and saying "that's unacceptable - rejected".

It can't be that hard to give ukbf a spec sheet that says minimum height, bust, waist and hip size.

I agree the heads are difficult to judge and are open to opinion so I can't really comment on that.

I feel especially sorry for Tommie but if I read correctly a 157b is on her way to him . Trust me you won't be disappointed.
And as all his customers know andyp is a legend for customer service. I'm sorry he has to go through this shambles whilst trying to provide an honest service.

A spec sheet with acceptable measurements would take away the guesswork.
Surely with some cooperation they could come up with an approved list of heads too.
I know that not everybody would agree with whatever was on the approved list,
but at least there would be clarity.
Anything to prevent situations like this happening surely must be worth trying.

Thanks for all the support, it's greatly appreciated.

And finally , some good news. Andy has taken delivery the 157b today.
After he does some QC checks, she'll be on her way to me....at last!
Old 14-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Gold Member

Like I said u won't be disappointed, what head have you got? Here's a few of my favorite pics

My favorite, even though her make up had faded

The factory pic -

On her bike

And in her kimono

Looking forward to Meeting her, sorry it's taken so long and been such a nightmare for you.
Old 14-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member

from what i am reading i really doubt border farce would accept a list because it would take away their power to control things the way they want to.

carlys_guy
Old 14-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlys_guy View Post
from what i am reading i really doubt border farce would accept a list because it would take away their power to control things the way they want to.

carlys_guy

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking.... How could I be so niaive to think they would willingly give up power and control and be helpful and co-operative instead !
Old 14-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Like I said u won't be disappointed, what head have you got?

Looking forward to Meeting her, sorry it's taken so long and been such a nightmare for you.

I opted for head 130.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Bronze Member

Hope she sings the right notes for you Tommie.
I've been watching this thread with special interest as I also ordered a YL155a at about the same time and shared your paranoia when she was delayed. As it happened I ended up with the custom version but that's another story.(She's lovely)
Glad to see you at last get your girl and it illustrates very well why our trusted vendors deserve their reputations.

S xx