UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 AM

Talking TPE Doll Joint Tightening and Repairs

Hello and Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

Having spent nearly a fortnight on various doll repairs/ issues, lets say a few of them are in for 12 months service and MOT, and Ginger failed miserably again.
Truefully I have repaired Victoria(OR156E) neck. At some point a metal necklace was left on causing the TPE to start splitting /degrade, it was doing my head in, I had got to the point of checking it daily to see if it was getting worse. At the beginning of last week I bit the bullet and cut the affected area out and repaired her neck, that one worked well considering it's not really in a hidden area.

This week was Gingers turn, fxxking hell where possibly can I start, Her hands are a mess, mainly due to lack of knowledge early on, jumping in cutting into her hands to repair the odd few finger wires, only to find a few weeks later a different one has broken Late last summer I opened her up for the third time both hands and replaced all 4 fingers wires both hands by this point they are getting messy but fixed.... Actually No!!!!! The thumb wires then came detached,. This week they are now fixed and most of the week I've stood in the kitchen with a heat gun, glue, xylene (don't ask, I don't do H & S). Basically it is full hand reconstruction.

I will get to the questions soon

Wrists cut, tighten, glued, and sorted, that in the scheme of things is usually a doggle, other than I usually cut the odd wrist on the bolt side rather than the side of nut.

Next up is her back, it is becoming slightly loose, she will stand perfectly, then when she leans forward past a certain point she drops forward, and while she's in the operating theater I may as well tighten it up. The best way, I think, is to cut and fix and always looks the best afterwards is a straight cut with scissors, they glue together perfectly without leaving much mess, however once they are stretched and mauled with spanners it's not so easy, I was actually thinking of one cut 75mm long, big enough to get a ratchet and socket in without causing too much stress on the TPE.

Okay a couple of questions.

Does the last bit sound about right or have I missed something?

Does anybody have a photo of the Jinsan skeleton late 2017, early 2018, I always call it Mk2 although I may have made that up.

Thanks
Tommo

Last edited by Tommo10; 10-08-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Correcting spellings and typos
Old 10-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Diamond Member

Which manufacturers don't weld their nuts?

How do you tell if you're on the nut side or the bolt?

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:09 AM

I have cut a few dolls open Jinsan YL and WM mainly working on arms and ankles the nuts were loose which were easily tighten some bolts maybe were welded I did not cut the other side to look, but I only assume they are because I only needed a spanner on the nut the bolt didn't spin.

If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Tommo

Old 10-08-2019, 08:13 AM

The second question you can't tell which side. Well l I don't think, I just cut them open and hope for the best, I am in the middle of sealing up two cuts in an arm where I got it wrong last night.

Tommo

Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM

They fix easy anyway. Last nights cut and fix
The fixed cut you can just make out the line below the wrist bend line.

This mornings WIP it needs a few or heat ups and flating downs yet

Last edited by Tommo10; 10-08-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Silver Member

Just wondering, do the nut and bolt in the joints have a spring washer fitted to help keep the nut/bolt from loosening over time.

Good luck with the repairs.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Does anybody have a photo of the Jinsan skeleton late 2017, early 2018, I always call it Mk2...
Possibly http://prntscr.com/oquqqb but I can't be sure...

See this thread. That skeleton is for sale: http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ale#post159243
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
Just wondering, do the nut and bolt in the joints have a spring washer fitted to help keep the nut/bolt from loosening over time.

Good luck with the repairs.

Thanks Seth

I am not that sure, I press around to feel the joint, cut the TPE with scissors keep it nice and straight then the skeleton is covered in the webbing stuff, that reminds me of fabric plasters that are a nightmare to cut through with a scalpel blade, once a hole is made I cut it more with scissors, I only cut it back enough to get a socket in, then tighten it up and fix her back up. My thoughts are not they work loose.

Ginger is 17 - 18 months old I didn't buy her new, she was originally from Lovedoll.co.uk the former owner bought her thought this is not for me, she was a weeks old when I picked her up, 500 mile round trip, Portsmouth I think, she was dumped in the back of a van, I was having her and that was that, her fingers started falling apart from the moment I got her home, her joints have only started working loose in the last few months, uptil then I would have to swing off them to make them move. She's been the best and the worst doll I own. If ever I could bring a doll to life it would have to be Ginger.

Tommo

Old 10-08-2019, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

As an aside, I've just been doing a bit of reverse Gogole Image lookup. I had three skeleton photo's to research.

One is identified as a 'Socket Wench', another is a 'Trombone' (good for blow jobs), and the third is a 'Bicycle Frame' (good for riding).

Gotta luv Google...
Old 10-08-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Possibly http://prntscr.com/oquqqb but I can't be sure...

See this thread. That skeleton is for sale: http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ale#post159243
This morning I was thinking you may have something, thanks

The bit I need to see is under that cream/orange webbing in the centre back joint.

She isn't mega bad, I find on the odd occasion she likes doing forward rolls.

Off topic:- did you have a power cut last night, we lost your images for a while?

Tommo

Last edited by Tommo10; 10-08-2019 at 10:12 AM.