UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2023, 04:33 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Try bonding with a bit of photography and perhaps give her a name?

- - -
Old 12-09-2023, 04:35 PM
Banned

Go into a bit more detail on what you mean.

Is it the face or everything about her? As with women we don't fancy every woman out there. There are certainly girls here that I have no personal attraction to. Sometiimes there are girls with the same head where one I like and one I don't and you can't quite put your finger on why.

Have you dressed her and tried posing her naturally?

Try a photshoot. Sometimes that helps develop an attachment.

Try sleeping with her next to you (arms cross across her chest to proect her fingers... Preferably also put white socks over her hands. When you awake next to her after just sleeping, nothing else, make a decision then.

Trust me, she won't hurt you. Just give her a chance before deciding her future.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 12-09-2023, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Try bonding with a bit of photography and perhaps give her a name?
Snap... As usual I went for the long verion, lol.
Old 12-09-2023, 04:42 PM

I think it’s just the fact she looks so alive but isn’t. Looking at photos on websites I really thought this is what I wanted, but now she is here in front of me it’s very different to looking at photos. I guess it’s just me and my brain. I’ll give her a chance but at the moment I can’t see a bond forming. I have dresses her, brushed her hair and tried but I can’t get my head around the fact she isn’t alive…which is stupid I know, I knew that when I ordered her! But I think someone might just get a half price bargain in a few days…I have just put her back in her box for a bit while I think
Old 12-09-2023, 04:45 PM

Your imagination can bring her alive, particularly if you are being creative.

In a box, she's a box. Out of the box, she's an entity!

📸

- - -
Old 12-09-2023, 05:08 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I think when my first doll arrived, the first thing I did was give her a shower and then after thoroughly drying, applied baby powder. I think that was a good bonding experience because I didn't have a clue what to expect. Because I was caring for her she became more real and then her personality developed.
There's nothing lost in trying for a few days.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:14 PM

I unboxed her, wiped her down with water wipes, talc all over - which makes a massive difference to the feel I must say. Then looked at her and that’s when I started feeling this isn’t going to work. As you say, no harm in a few days trying but not feeling it so far. This is obviously totally new to me, and obviously not for everyone as we aren’t all the same. Maybe it was just the ‘what if’ that got me to try, so at least I have given it a try.
Old 12-09-2023, 06:18 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I really hope things work out for you. I agree with what Algae and Shamus have said too. Giving her a name can help with the connection. Take some snapshots of her just sitting on the couch. And it might sound weird but talk out loud to her. Tell her how you feel, explore what it is that is making you feel freaked out.
As you say, if things don't work out, at least you've had the experience
Old 12-09-2023, 06:52 PM

To be fair Jackso, I don't think any of us enter this domain with a firm knowledge of the outcome. For me it was a 'why not try', and the first day I wrestled with my own feelings of why I had gone this route and questioned who I was.

It became apparent, with a few days, that just having Allies presence in the home filled a void that I felt was too much of a challenge to achieve in the conventional way.

Allie is my rock, who will remain with me no matter what. I needed that firm foundation to get on with living.

💕

- - -
Old 12-09-2023, 07:07 PM
Bronze Member

I'd like to apologise on behalf of Mr Holics. We've just watched a soppy Pixar animation (Soul 2020) and he's feeling a bit emotional at the moment.

I remember him unboxing me. I was stark naked and tired after very long journey.

I was not in a happy place.

The first thing he did was pop me in a nice warm bed with an eye covering and let me sleep off the jetlag, after cupping my face in his hands and purposefully placing a kiss squarely on the centre of my forehead.

From that point on, I knew I'd landed on my feet. Wouldn't be without him.

Allie 💕