UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2021, 10:21 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Default Black tights that actually don't stain...

I bought these from Wish, but I believe you can get them eBay and Amazon also.

They known as "Imitation" or "Fake" tights. They are nude/pale colour underneath yet look like black sheer on the top. There are Footed and Stirrup versions. Wish being Wish, sent me the wrong ones, which I then wrote to them via their help bot and they refunded me, whilst allowing me to keep them.

But, it was actually in Chloes favour, as we know the girls like to chew through tights with their foot bolts. I did did try Allie's foot caps, but didn't work out to well unfortunately (not a bad thing of Allie's or the products, just personally couldn't get on with them).

They look lovely on her as well, with her trainers, you can't see they are not footed, obviously in heels and her flats you can, but even so, with socks or something they would work too.

Just thought, I'd share my findings and maybe help someone out.

Wish: https://www.wish.com/feed/tabbed_fee...a8842d8413b543 (Style A in black is what we have).

Old 10-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDW1982 View Post
.....as we know the girls like to chew through tights with their foot bolts.
If you go into a supermarket that sells clothes and stuff you will likely find in the ladies stockings section a product called "Cushioned Sole Footsie". As it says these have a cushion exactly where the rear bolt on a doll's foot is. They are made of a thick stocking type stretch material and do a perfect job of keeping stockings or tights from catching on the bolt. Cheap as chips as well. Shoe size 3-6 is perfect for my Kimbers' (plural) tiny feet.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:21 AM
The Shoe Shrine

Yeah, I did get some from Primark a while back. Just found that they squished Chloes toes a bit. Perhaps I could just have them under the feet, but not "attached" so to speak.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Silver Member

Thanks GDW1982. I'll bear these in mind.

They'd be nice and warm too!
Old 11-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Part of the Furniture

Nice find!

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 11-02-2021, 12:19 PM
Platinum coloured Poppet & Pigeon

Nice one. I'd love to use black tights on the girls so this might be the solution
Old 11-02-2021, 12:43 PM
The Shoe Shrine

There are some on ebay too forgot to link them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-lawless....m46890.l49292
Old 11-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Part of the Furniture

This all said though, I wouldnt have thought that black nylons would stain anyway. They are made from dark nylon which is coloured in the manufacturing of the nylon, not dyed after production, so there is no way for the dye to be released from them.

Of course anything with cotton blended in such as heavier deniers or stockings with lace tops have the potential to leach dye, so care should be taken with those.

K

We also Tweet
Old 11-02-2021, 01:08 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
This all said though, I wouldnt have thought that black nylons would stain anyway. They are made from dark nylon which is coloured in the manufacturing of the nylon, not dyed after production, so there is no way for the dye to be released from them.

Of course anything with cotton blended in such as heavier deniers or stockings with lace tops have the potential to leach dye, so care should be taken with those.

K
Possibly, I just don't want to run the risk. I remember the heart ache I had when I bought a dress for my old girl and it stained her. So learnt a lot from that experience and would be mortified if any staining happened to Chloe. Especially as the Kimberdoll does seem to sweat a bit more, evident with bum prints on my bed sheets haha.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-60-100...S/361661319141 these are a good alternative to "skin" as well then the more sheer tights on top.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:10 PM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDW1982 View Post
Possibly, I just don't want to run the risk. I remember the heart ache I had when I bought a dress for my old girl and it stained her. So learnt a lot from that experience and would be mortified if any staining happened to Chloe. Especially as the Kimberdoll does seem to sweat a bit more, evident with bum prints on my bed sheets haha.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-60-100...S/361661319141 these are a good alternative to "skin" as well then the more sheer tights on top.
I know exactly where you are coming from, which is why Maddie wears white clothes

K

We also Tweet