UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 13-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Silver Member

Default joint and especially wrist tightening

Can anyone direct me to a post or a diagram on how to tighten a wrist, please ? Want to try it myself instead of sending away for a minor repair, and it's nothing major if it's serious surgery ! Cheers
Old 13-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Diamond Member

If TPE it's a challenge as they weld the nuts in place

If silicone simply cut along the seam line and insert spanners . . .

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 13-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Bronze Member

I am with Harem, but let me put it differently:

Unless you are VERY sure you have a suitable glue for the material you are going to cut into to be put together again you should not even think any further.
If you have said suitable glue you may want to consider if you actually have a place to work with the glue safely - hint: not your bedroom.

Assuming you came this far, cut along the seam lines, preferably on both sides of the hinge where you expect the Bolts head and the Nut to be, make sure the cut is sufficiently long to allow easy access, hint: if you think its long enough, cut some extra( reason, if its not long enough the material will rip along its own direction).

Now for the possible scenario Harem hinted at ... you may find you can actually re-tension the arrangement or you may find it absolutely impossible to do so.( Old JM, new Sanhui and all DS should be fine , with other Chinese Dolls incl. all TPE ones it is often impossible , non Chinese Dolls are OK usually).

Hope this helps.
Old 13-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Bronze Member

I really don't understand why loosening joints is such an issue. You would think that the engineers that build/design dolls would look at other engineering worlds for a solution to non-loosening fastenings and invest in a torque wrench or two!

Even nyloc nuts or thread locking adhesives should work fine. Cheap, simple easy : anaerobic adhesive amd a torque wrench.
Old 14-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

Thanks all. I thought by my posts you would know it's a tpe i have ! Anyway, she is the newer skeleton, hip sway, mid torso bending side to side, good neck and shrugging shoulders. I do have a jar of tpe glue, but if any screws/bolts aren't going to be able to be tightened, then no point cutting open ?
I agree Saxen. Unless you buy something like a DS with those really good fingers, for example, that look like they have proper finger bones, the majority are poorly made and don't last. Maybe that's the idea ? Like so many electronics, they are built to fail after a set piece of time so you have to buy something else ! That's what's holding me back buying a silicone doll for a change, and the DS (pardon the pun) shot themselves in the foot not having standing as standard option.....