UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Sinthetics. (G)

Old 25-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Ex Member

Default Cynthia's new body

Cynthia's new body is a DS 158. (It is Angela's body normally.) I drilled out the hole in the plastic base of the head to accommodate the steel shaft of the DS body. I then used Rentell's nifty DS body hanging bracket that screws into the shaft to secure it.

The head-to-neck join with the DS 158 body is excellent. This is an area in which many doll makers struggle, so it is lucky that this combination fits so well.

This soft and fleshy body suits her and is a radical change from the hard LD body 1, which has now worn out. (It lasted well.)

Last edited by Everhard; 27-11-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Used more reliable code for displaying the images
Old 25-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Golden Diamond Member

How wonderful!

I'm glad my persistent enthusiasms for DS have borne fruit in their bodies preserving doll characters into the future.

Best wishes

Harem
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews
Old 27-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Bronze Member

Very good job!

I guess the biggest thing is to find a body's color that fits the head. Gives me hope for the future of my Anya!

Little girls play with dolls, Little boys play with soldiers
Older girls love soldiers, older boys love dolls
Old 27-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Ex Member

Ray mentions (elsewhere) that you could drill a hole in the top of the head so Cynthia can use the DS way of hanging up the complete doll. (Just a small hole in the top of the head would do that. I checked the geometry and it looks OK.) Unlike a back-of-the-neck eye bolt, no stance modifier is necessary because the hook is directly above her centre of gravity. (See Ray's amazing photos of his DS 167 for what can be done.)

Ray's new eye bolt is critical to 'normal' use of this doll though (without the hanging bracket sticking up from the top of the head). The original clumsy, complex, and fiddly DS Dolls body hang mechanism would not work because the base of the head entirely encloses the outside of the steel shaft, to which that mechanism attaches (with the head removed). In contrast, Ray's simple screw-in eye-bolt screws into the threaded interior of the shaft -- the same used by the DS whole doll hanging bracket.

I hope DS Dolls will adopt Ray's eye bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVAL78 View Post
I guess the biggest thing is to find a body's color that fits the head. Gives me hope for the future of my Anya!
Cynthia (the head) has the peach skin tone and this DS 158 is supposedly the cream skin tone. I say supposedly because the DS 167 I had for a short while was also cream, but it was clearly darker than this DS 158. Anyway, the head and body colour match is not perfect -- any more that is often the case with real people! -- but the difference is negligible.

Now, if you could persuade Sinthetics to concentrate on just making their supreme heads and obtain doll bodies from DS Dolls, some major problems in doll availability might be solved.

Last edited by Everhard; 27-11-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added response to Serval88
Old 27-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Gold Member

Glad to help out... must admit my LD is rock hard and is retired and just "hangs about", cannot dispose of it for some reason....

I have used Sin heads on the 4Woods as its the same fitting, never thought of using DS body's, good thinking Ev, opens up a world of possibilities

As for Sins using DS body's ...very unlikely especially when it can still take up to two years just to get a head !
Old 27-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Ex Member

Maybe if they cut back on body production and used DS bodies instead, they could make heads quicker. They could then supply all-Sinthetics dolls to those few who are willing to pay a much higher price. (Just my idea.)

However, I too think it unlikely, but only because -- in my opinion -- immensely creative individuals like Matt tend to recoil from cheaper options, such as combined DS/Sinthetuics dolls, that do not match their standards of perfection.

Last edited by Everhard; 27-11-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Clarified wording