UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Candy8teen Forum.

Old 15-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

@Itsme: It seems some clarifications are necessary. The doll was requested by a customer who was looking for a tall, lightweight and non-plush doll to replace his Textile Doll. When the customer saw this doll, he lost interest completely and canceled.

What we ordered was a doll with an insert and a wig. That was confirmed on Oct 14th, 2015 by Candy8teen ("She will come with wig and insert"). However, we did neither get an insert nor a wig. Later, Candy8teen claimed to have sent insert and wig ("I sent you a wig and a insert for this doll. its in the box.", Nov 13th, 2015). A day later Candy8teen changed their mind and said, Amber doll "dose not use a insert" and that "Tim just came in and told me he took out the insert before she shipped". Still no word about the wig, no additional delivery, and no compensation.

So yes, if we get a confirmation for a doll with an insert and a wig, we think it's noteworthy to mention that the doll does come neither with an insert nor a wig. It's a huge difference if a doll uses an insert or has a built-in vagina, and Candy8teen should know what they are selling since they are the manufacturers.

Also yes, we strongly believe that customers require some kind of instruction when they purchase a $1200 doll, especially when the properties of the materials used are totally unknown as nobody else uses a "silicone-urethane mix" (and btw, there are certain doubts that silicone and urethane are even mixable). Is the "silicone-urethane mix" water-proof? Can the doll be taken into the bathtub or cleaned with water? Which parts are water-proof, which are not? Which kinds of lube are supposed to be used? What substances could harm the doll? What to do about stains from clothing? A customer might have many questions about this doll, and neither advice for TPE nor silicone dolls might apply directly to a doll made of "silicone-urethane mix".

We also noticed that the ending of the vaginal canal seem to be not sealed with the "silicone-urethane mix" but with some foam from the filling. So if someone actually uses this doll and cleans her vaginal canal with water, the foam core will get wet. The same applies to the two unsealed openings on her shoulders that might not be sealed with a reason. Which parts of the doll are water-proof, and is there a risk that the foam develops mould? As the foam core is exposed to the outside in several places: What is the foam core made of? How is a "silicone-urethane mix" supposed to be repaired? How does one manage to get the crinkled legs straight? For all these things, a manual would be helpful.

Another ridiculous thing about this doll is that the head does not sit on the neck. I have personally set-up and inspected hundreds of dolls. If I can not figure out how to put the head on this doll so it sticks to the body, how is a customer supposed to understand this?

What might be the most painful aspect in this matter is that Candy8teen seem to have made decent dolls a while ago. I don't know if the owner changed or some misfortune happened, but it just hurts to encounter a doll produced so unloving: With pale whit eskin and without any body makeup, shipped with legs that look broken, with a head that does not sit on the neck and so on.

-Ira

Last edited by Dollstudio; 15-12-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 15-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Bronze Member

Send a message via AIM to Itsme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollstudio View Post
-Ira
That doll dose not use a insert. The Head has a hole and you just place the head onto the neck. This is not hard thing. The legs do get bent for shipping.
the doll has to be is a box sized to ship. You could pay double the shipping cost to use a large box. We are selling affordable dolls shipping doll where the shipping cost 300.00 or more would defeat that.

Getting a affordable doll made In Europe would be a a big step We have tried selling mold to Europe and getting affordable doll made there. We have not found any one yet. Someone could make this doll and make the skin tone to what they like We use a light skin. The seams are the way they are to save time and money. always room for improvement But for us this is a hobby not a business. We are not going to sell a 1,200.00 doll for 600.00 and the customer get a 3,000.00 doll Any candy8teen doll can have a different color skin. also have softer boobs. and a harder body making her a nicer doll all this adds time and money. We are trying to get dolls to people that don't have the money for a higher priced doll. We have people order this doll and ask for softer boobs and things. We just do not have the time. We do not have a chines factory wish we did.

Mike
Old 16-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Bronze Member

Default Molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I don't know much about the Candy8teen, Bob is the Guy to know more about them, as he has a good number and they are still around, Bob had said the dolls were good for sex, and what they were made for.

Here is one of the very first Candy dolls, pic from Gibbmodolls album from way back before the forum got started, they are very soft and light, we have the moulds here to make this doll.

Bob as you know got very ill and making the doll here never got off the ground, there must have been something Bob liked about them however, or he would never have got the moulds to make them.

And a good number of the dolls.

Here is one more of there dolls we also have the moulds to make this one.

And here is one more of Bobs Candy dolls, think she was called Taffy

Looks nice in this photo, so Bob could see something about them, and they must be a market.

There will be little chance of Bob making the old Candy, but you never know here at Gibbmodoll!!

My Dad told me Gibbmodoll owns the old Candy8teen name sake doll molds. Candy and Brenda. I would like to see them and Taffy made in Europe. Is Bob sick ? I thought he just moved to a smaller place.

Mike
Old 17-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
your Dad, that's Itsme I think, he has fond memories of him Timbo
Itsme, Is my Dad. I talked to my Dad he thought Mr Gibbins was going to get better. My Step Mom and Dad both said talking with Mr Gibbins and working with him was very nice experience.

I wish you guys well. My dad asked if you would say hi To Bob for him.
Mike